Family Photography in SE London

Hello

I'm Dee and I am setting up Yarn Photography. I am a photographer based in Telegraph Hill and I will happily travel to locations across SE London. I take relaxed and natural portraits of babies, children and families. I work with natural light in clients' homes or in nearby parks or other outdoor locations. I moved to SE London shortly before my son was born and, having spent hours playing in all the local parks and green spaces, I now know many beautiful locations which work brilliantly for relaxed family photography sessions.

I am currently setting up my website (www.yarnphotography.com) but please follow me on Instagram (@yarnphotography) if you'd like to see images and updates from my recent shoots.

I will be offering a variety of packages starting at ?250 for a 1.5 - 2 hour shoot in your home or a local park in SE London. Following the shoot, you will receive a minimum of 20 digital images which you can download and reproduce as you wish. These images will be edited in a natural and unobtrusive style. I can also arrange for your images to be printed by a professional printing service (printing will be at an extra cost).

I'd be delighted to work with local families so please do get in touch. For shoots that are booked and take place before March 2017, I'd also be happy to offer a 20% discount to clients who approach me via East Dulwich Forum.

Thank you for your interest in this post.

Best

Dee

I had a family photo shoot with Dee when my second son was only 10 days old. Those first few weeks with a new baby are so fragile but Dee made the morning fun, relaxed and beautiful. The photos she took of my little family are now some of my most treasured possessions. Her style is so relaxed and unobtrusive - she simply observes and captures the most special moments. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have launched my website and my full galleries are now available for you to view! Please visit www.yarnphotography.com to see my latest work. I also have a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/yarnphotography) and an Instagram account (www.instagram.com/yarnphotography) where I post sneak previews of my latest shoots.

The local parks are really beautiful at the moment and Spring is the perfect time for a family shoot. Please contact me if you'd like to book a session.

Best

Dee

• 1 month later...
We booked a family shoot with Dee to celebrate my daughter's first birthday. Dee put so much thought in to the shoot, calling us beforehand to discuss everything and choosing the best place to go. We had the shoot in Peckham Rye Park and we are over the moon with the photographs. The shoot whizzed by and half the time we did not even realise Dee was taking photographs. They are natural and relaxed and she has really captured the atmosphere in our little family so well. We have received many compliments about them and we are very grateful to Dee for preparing the photographs so well for us. I would highly recommend booking Dee and we would definitely use her again.

• 1 month later...
We had our photographs taken by Dee at Greenwich Park with our 13month old and it was such a great experience. She took a lot of care preparing for the day and was very enthusiastic throughout the shoot to get the best pictures. We felt very relaxed throughout and she was very creative in regards to props and specific location. It is not easy working with a walking toddler and we are very happy with our prints. Dee really captured the best moments of our family and we can't recommend her highly enough!

I booked Dee to take four generations of my family as a birthday present for my Mother. The photos are excellent and as other reviewers have said, she takes enormous trouble to make sure beforehand that everything is set up for the photo shoot. It was a delight to meet her and she could not have done more to make the occasion very special which was not easy with ages ranging from 88 to four months. She was especially good with the children and I heartily recommend her if you want to capture your children in a relaxed setting. Thank you Dee

• 4 weeks later...
We liked the natural warmth of Dee's photography style so much that we lured her over to Hackney to do a family shoot. Dee was super helpful, giving advice on what to wear and what to bring to the shoot and we had a phonecall in advance to make sure we were all prepared. She was so lovely and friendly on the day it put us all at ease and she managed to capture really beautiful pictures of our family. You'd never ever guess from the gorgeous photos that our 4 yo was being rather, err, challenging while the photos were being taken! My husband was initially skeptical about family photography but even he's a convert now. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Dee at Yarn Photography! She did a photo shoot of our family of 4 - which included our 5 year old and our "curious" (i.e., won't stand still) toddler. The photos turned out beautifully - really capturing sweet moments and the little personalities of the boys. As others have mentioned, Dee is very relaxed which puts everyone at ease and she gave a lot of thought to the photo shoot in advance - from helping with ideas on what to wear, to suggesting the best times of the day for outdoor shoots, to going to the park to scout out some areas that would make great photo backdrops. All of this resulted in lovely photos that captured this special time in family life.

• 1 month later...
Hello. Another thumbs up for Dee here. She did a newborn photoshoot for us, although my son was 10 weeks by the time we got round to it! Dee was very calm, she put us at our ease and had some great suggestions of what to do and how to interact as a family whilst she took the photos. She was great with our three year old, who needed to be bribed at various points, although you wouldn't think it from the pictures! She was happy to take a request for a particular shot, and we're very glad we took her advice to head to the park as she got some lovely outdoor shots for us too. I know sometimes people think it might be over-the-top to book a photographer but it's really great to have a proper record of us as a family at this point in our lives. Usually, we end up with photos with only one parent in, as the other one is taking the picture, so it's great to have all of us together in some beautiful shots. The only problem now is working out which ones to get printed and where to put them...they're all lovely. Thanks Dee.

For my Dad's 70th we arranged a family photo shoot with Dee. She really listened to what we wanted from the photos and gave us really helpful tips to prepare (eg. good colours to wear!). Dee was fabulous on the day. She's well aware that some of us are camera shy and she was great at putting everyone at ease. I'm really thrilled with the photos - she's amazing at capturing really special, little details. I'm definitely going to use Dee again for when the children are bigger.

• 1 month later...

I?d like to recommend Dee as well. We had a newborn photo session with our 15 day old baby. Dee called me beforehand to discuss what we wanted and sent us some very helpful tips on how to prepare (such as what to wear etc). During the shoot, she was excellent, making us feel relaxed and at ease. We had the photos taken at home.

The photos are absolutely beautiful. We will treasure them. Dee?s style is really gorgeous and natural. We?re so glad we had them done- and we aren?t the type of people to have photos taken!

• 2 months later...
I can't recommend Dee enough. We had a family session with her (with our two boys, aged 3 and 18 months) in early November at Westonbirt Arboretum in the Cotswolds. As well as being lovely throughout the whole process, Dee was brilliant at helping us prepare for the shoot by giving us tips on what to wear, advice on the types of snacks to bring (to bribe the boys with when things got tricky!) and letting us know what to expect on the day. The boys really warmed to her and we ended up with some beautiful photos which captured their personalities perfectly. It was freezing cold that day and we were outside for several hours but she somehow managed to capture relaxed and happy photographs of the four of us, which we'll treasure forever. (Thank you again, Dee!) If you're looking for a family photographer, you will be in safe hands with Dee.

• 2 months later...
I can also highly recommend Dee for a newborn photo shoot. She was very responsive to my request for her to come to our home for a newborn and family photo shoot. She was so lovely to work with, both before the shoot (via email correspondence) and on the day. She sent us a lovely detailed email with what to expect and things to think about beforehand. The shoot itself was relaxed and Dee took a lot of photos on various rooms, listened to our thoughts on specific shots we were after and made us feel at ease. Our little boy had a lovely morning! She sent us some example shots the same day to whet our appetite and the full set weren?t far behind. We think they are great photos and we are really delighted with them. We will definitely be using Dee again to document the next milestones in our adventures as a new family!

• 5 months later...
We had a photo session with Dee when our son was 8 weeks old. Dee took the time to get to know us as a family and was very accommodating of ours and the baby?s needs, our son wasn?t feeling well on the day and Dee tried very hard to get some amazing photos and also offered to come back at a later date.The photos were amazing and something we will treasure forever. I would really recommend Dee!

• 1 year later...
Dee returned to our house to do a family session, this time with a very active toddler and our two month old. The photos are just amazing and captured our hectic little family perfectly and Dee was just so patient with everyone. I will definitely continue to ask Dee to capture our precious family moments in the future. Thank you Dee!

Archived