Drum Kit Lessons Beginners Welcome!

bobbym

Hi! My name is Bobby MacPherson. I am a fully qualified drummer with a grade 8 in Kit Drumming from the Trinity Guildhall School of Music, with over a decade's experience of gigging and recording. My lessons are tailored to suit your individual needs - whether you're a total beginner, looking to pass your kit drum qualifications or just want to polish up a specific aspect of your technique, my lessons will help you develop! I cover:

- Grades 1 - 8 in the awarding body of your choice (Trinity Guildhall, Rock School, etc.)

- Rudiments and snare drum technique

- Playing to a click track

- Developing skills in particular genres (Jazz, Afrobeat, Reggae, Metal, etc.)

- Sight reading and theory

- Developing arrangements for your band

I am fully DBS-checked and have over three years of tutoring experience. I am based in South-East London, but am willing to travel within a reasonable distance.

My rates are ?30 per hour, ?18 per half hour.

If you're interested please call/text me on 07728684377 or email me at [email protected]. Hope to hear from you soon!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Booby is an excellent drum teacher for our son. He is extremely patient and has made a huge difference since he started teaching him a few months ago. He is very professional - always on time, motivating, resourceful, friendly and polite. Our son always looks forward to his lessons. I have no hesitation in recommending him highly.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bobby

Do you know any decent drummers looking to play in a band?

We are Bittermoon, a South London-based band. We have plenty of very well rehearsed material, mostly covers, a few our own and are gig-ready

Current drummer has too many family commitments now to be available, hence this ad.

Here's some iphone vid of the band to get a flavour of tracks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoc-i5S_PKaRZYOFGy_RCA/videos

cheers

Rich

[email protected]

• 2 months later...

Hello

I would like to add a recommendation for Bobby as a drum teacher. He has been teaching my daughter for a couple of months now and she looks forward to every lesson. He makes lessons fun and interesting and is so enthusiastic. He is also very patient (she?s only 6) and inspiring making it really enjoyable for her. He is also very flexible if we have ever needed to rearrange lessons.

• 6 months later...

Another recommendation for Bobby. He?s been teaching our 9-year-old for six months now. Our son really enjoys the lessons and that motivates him to practice and get better. He and Bobby get on really well. And Bobby is always friendly, polite, patient and enthusiastic.

Our kids have had a few music teachers over the years but Bobby easily the most successful/best.

Archived