Friendly and experienced local tutor

mm1983

Hello,

I am an experienced local tutor (SE23) with 13 years experience, both freelance and with agencies.

I have worked with over 100 children and young people in situations ranging from one-on-one private tuition in the student?s home, to 2 month residential stays with families, from working with small groups of children in primary schools, to home schooling excluded students and seeing them through whole syllabi. I have also worked with many dyslexic, dyspraxic and ADHD students and have recently completed a dyslexia awareness training course.

I have plenty of experience with entrance exams to public, private, grammar and state schools in and around London (from 7+ up) and my students have successfully entered the following schools: Dulwich College and Prep, City of London, GDST schools, Feltonfleet, James Allen?s Girls? School (and JAPS), Alleyn?s, Colet Court, St Paul?s Boys and Girls, Westminster Choir School, King?s College, Westminster, Marylebone, North Bridge House and Forest School among others. I'm familiar with the processes and practice papers. 100% of my older students have passed their GCSEs and A-Levels with A* to B grades and, if entering university, been accepted at the place of their choice.

I can teach primary (and entrance exam) numeracy, literacy, verbal and non-verbal reasoning; GCSE all humanities; A-Level English, English Lit, History, History of Art and university level English and creative writing.

I am also a widely published writer of fiction and poetry as well as an editor at various publications and can therefore offer essay/dissertation help, editing or proofreading in any subject at any level.

My rates are from ?60 per hour.

I am open to teaching a few students at a time.

I am friendly, fun, punctual and flexible.

References and CV on request. Full and clean CRB.

Local work only.

Thank you for reading!

Mira

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived