Help- my hair is yellow

Help, had some very bad highlights done in the city yesterday. They are horrid. peroxide, yellow.

To the point where I had to cancel a meeting today.

What do I do? Does anyone know if these things can be corrected?

HELP.

DS has pointed at my head all morning going "mummy yellow" which has had my partner in stiches.

Yea yea mummy yellow -hilarious.

Now this is going to sound extremely silly and will sum me up in a nutshell. The girl that I go to have been off sick with anxiety and depression and she is now working in the reception as she finds client work too stressful.

I begged her to make an exception and she finally gave in. (Last time she did my hair I was thrilled).

Anyway, she works part time so will not be back in the salon until next week and I really dont want to hurt her feelings or complain about her as she didnt want to treat customers in the first place.

I really really dont want her recovery to take a step backwards because I have been unhappy and made a "complaint".

I know I know, I am soft and silly. I am thinking that I will just pay for a colour correction on this occasion elsewhere. Does anyone know of any good hair dressers or mobile stylists that could fix this for me?

I feel responsible as I talked her into doing it, even though she did not want to.

midivydale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Now this is going to sound extremely silly and

> will sum me up in a nutshell. The girl that I go

> to have been off sick with anxiety and depression

> and she is now working in the reception as she

> finds client work too stressful.

> I begged her to make an exception and she finally

> gave in. (Last time she did my hair I was

> thrilled).

>

> Anyway, she works part time so will not be back in

> the salon until next week and I really dont want

> to hurt her feelings or complain about her as she

> didnt want to treat customers in the first place.

> I really really dont want her recovery to take a

> step backwards because I have been unhappy and

> made a "complaint".

>

> I know I know, I am soft and silly. I am thinking

> that I will just pay for a colour correction on

> this occasion elsewhere. Does anyone know of any

> good hair dressers or mobile stylists that could

> fix this for me?

>

> I feel responsible as I talked her into doing it,

> even though she did not want to.

You don't have to make a complaint against the colourist. Just simply say that you've decided the colour doesn't suit you, and can the salon please correct it, as it's not really what you want.

Alternatively, are you in the city area often? I've had really great cut/colour from the Toni&Guy salon in Liverpool Street Station. http://toniandguy.com/salon/information/235

A little closer to home, Geddes salon in Ladywell is nice. They use the Aveda colour system. I think I had highlights from Yola (msp? Jola?) last time, and they were very good. http://www.geddeshairandbeauty.co.uk/

Good luck! xx

I use Carly off the forum to do my hair, she is a mobile hairdresser who I find fantastic, she cuts the hair of the entire family now and does my colours and brazillian blowdrys and is very reasonable. Her number is 07903 241170. Shoot her a text, she is very responsive. x

If you can't get a touch of silver shampoo, redken do a really good one that tones the yellow down. They sell it in Harold George in the village, expensive but they're open tomorrow. Don't leave them on for too long though as it will have a green tinge which looks worse than yellow.

I can fix it for you, my name is Lindsay and I have recommendations in other threads on this forum. However for the quickest fix, I would use Colour Before - violet shampoo will do the job but there's a fine line between "enough" and "too much". If you do use Colour Before then be sure to leave a couple of weeks before attempting another colour service. If you want to talk to someone for advice feel free to call or text me on 07599 726814 or email me at [email protected]. I have been hairdressing for 6 years, working in a salon as well as home visits, and love a bit of colour correction action :-)

Good luck!