We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.stevenvaughan.co.uk

http://avakitchens.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messagePrivate schools wi places available
Posted by bubblebob 16 April, 2014 22:48

After our disastrous schools application we are now considering going private or at least exploring the options. Does anyone know which schools might still have places? I'll obviously be calling around, but it would be nice to know any inside knowledge.

messageRe: Private schools wi places available
Posted by inthewoods 16 April, 2014 23:41

Most private schools have some sort of assessments in the autumn prior to school places applications. Increasingly if you give up your place late you have to forfeit not only deposit but some additional money too. Last year there were parents applying to Oakfield as far as I remember.

Posted by edanna 17 April, 2014 06:51

Hi bubblebob, I don't know about private schools but don't give up on your state school situation changing - there will be loads of movement. Get yourself on every waiting list and something will happen.

Posted by srisky 17 April, 2014 11:13

You could contact the registrars at the private schools to see if there are places that have come up. It maybe that some of the pupils have accepted state school places for Sept or moved private schools and will, therefore, relinquish their place. Good luck in finding a school that suits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2014:04:17:11:14:20 by srisky.

Posted by Fmm 17 April, 2014 12:15

I know some people who got private school places exactly this way last year - as parents got their preferred state primary school, they did not take up the private school reception place. I guess they lost their deposit but felt that was small fry in comparison to school fees!

Posted by duchessofdulwich 17 April, 2014 12:19

Not wishing to panic people. We are no longer in East Dulwich (kent)and are looking at private for our child. there could be a case where they might have to cap numbers even in private school due to a high birth rate for reception 2014......best to explore all options

Posted by scareyt 17 April, 2014 12:48

I know someone who got a reception place at oakfield only recently so they might be worth trying.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum