Post c-section - Theraline belt and post-partum band/girdle

Hi all,

Looking for advice from mums who have had c-sections or have experience with the recovery process of abdominal surgery. I have a toddler (will be about 21 months when baby comes in July - or younger if baby comes early) and can already anticipate a few bumps to my section scar. So I was wondering if the Theraline csection belt would be worth investing in to protect the area (including for breastfeeding)?

I have also not been able to do any exercise including walking this pregnancy due to persistent bleeding (I have a previa) and am actually now in the hospital on modified bed rest till I deliver. I was looking at post-partum or post-surgery belts as a way to help my body heal from the surgery as well as helping it get back into shape. I don't want to spend a lot of money on things like the Belly Bandit, so was wondering if anyone has used any such bands and could recommend a brand?

Here's hoping baby doesn't make an appearance for many weeks, but I'd like to be prepared in case :)

Thanks all!

Hi Devsdev and many congrats on pregnancy no.2! I used a theraline belt and a breast feeding pillow as had lots of scar issues after no. 2 arrived. I have to say I did not end up using the belt that much but I found it very very reassuring in the first, say, 4 weeks when I was very sensitive, in pain and worried child 1 might knock me. However I wouldn't say it protected much when feeding. I remember it being quite expensive but did some searching and found it half price somewhere online. I used a breast feeding pillow a lot and for much longer (say 3-4 months but you might remember I was very ill after the birth so needed all the help I could get!) so I would say was definitely worth buying. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks Fmm - not been the easiest time, but am looking forward to the new little one! I know you had a tough time post-baby 2 - but sounds like the belt would at least allow me some protection - it's about ?20 on Amazon so not hugely expensive. I may get it (can be used as a cold and hot pack later). Would be great if bubblebob has the feeding pillow too!

Hope all is well!