Home schooling - Advice? - anyone wants to do it together?

MW

Anyone does or want to do home schooling? I am searching for a group of parents that is doing or thinking about doing home schooling. Anyone interested? Anyone has done it and can give advice, share the experience, point in the right direction?

You can Home Educate at any age.

There is a huge Home Ed community in South East London, we even have our own sport day every summer at Crystal Palace Park. There are various Home Ed social and study groups , they are at Dog Kennel Hill Adventure Playground , East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road, Dulwich Scout Hut , Robotic Engineering at Albrighton Road and so on.

We have ice skating classes too , the list is endless .

There are various active community pages on FB reflecting the large HE community whereby educational trips are organised weekly , summer holiday camps and so on .

There are so many drop off study groups too where the children can study in groups of 6 or less .

Some families follow the national curriculum , some are more free flowing , some have private tuitions , some attend the Home Ed school at Peckham Rye Park.

Any other questions , let me know .

Peachpie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you homeschool both primary and secondary? I

> would be interested in how secondary home

> schooling works. Though I am a little way off that

> stage yet. Is there a big community around here?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone I also would appreciate if someone could pm me with further info please

I would also appreciate it if someone could pm me who is doing home schooling or who has gone through the process. My family and partner is very against me home schooling my daughter, worries are she will be vulnerable to society, won't be street wise or will become shy and regress. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I am helping a local mum organize an event about alternative schooling.

It will take place this Tuesday (21st March) at 7:30 pm at Telegraph Hill Playhouse. I have attached details below (I have also posted the event on EDF).

Would you like to come?

Have a good day!

_________

Free Talk and Community Discussion

HOW CHILDREN LEARN: VARIOUS APPROACHES TO EDUCATION

Tuesday, 21st March, 7:30 pm

Telegraph Hill PlayClub, Erlanger Road, SE14 5TJ

An opportunity to learn about alternatives to traditional schooling.

An open and friendly discussion about our current education system, child-centered education, the role of play educating our children and much more!!

Guest Speakers:

Virginia Carrington: Founder of Small Acres, Democratic School in Peckham Rye, London

Emma Kendall and Samantha Pritchard, Home Educators

River Fox, ex-Summerhill pupil, first democratic school in UK

Organized by local parents

Snacks and drinks will be provided.

To attend please get a FREE ticket on: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/talk-and-community-discussion-various-approaches-to-education-tickets-32905354802

• 1 month later...
Hello. I'm also interested in home education. Too bad I missed the event in March. If other people are interested in alternative education choices in the area, shall we organize a meet up to chat over coffee?

If you drop me a line I can point you in the direction of the local HE group whereby you can meet local Home Edders for a coffee and chat.

vickilee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello. I'm also interested in home education. Too

> bad I missed the event in March. If other people

> are interested in alternative education choices in

> the area, shall we organize a meet up to chat over

> coffee?

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I am based in CAMBERWELL and considering homeschooling my 4yr. She is currently at school but I would like to explore all options and thus make a more informed decision for her education. Some advices would be welcomed in fact I'd love to meet up with group of parents already educating their children at home, to see if this could be an option for us.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, I am moving to the area from Spain, with two boys 8&10 years, in the next month. I been home edding for 4 years and wanted to organise a few meet ups and see what is going on in the area. It Would be great to hear from other with children of similar ages as we would very much like to meet other families in the area.

Cheers