Warm Welcome from the Friends of The Charter School East Dulwich - Secondary School Offer Day

Hello from the "Friends of The Charter School East Dulwich" and a big welcome to all those children offered places for September 2017 today. It's an exciting day for lots of children and their parents and carers, and we hope you make the decision to join the school.

The TCSED Friends' / PTA is up and running, and we have already held a number of social and fundraising events, with plans underway for many more. We will hold a welcome event for new starters later in the school year, which we will let you know about nearer the time.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any information about the plans for the multi-purpose sports facilities? As new local residents overlooking the site, we haven't had the chance to to attend any of the consultation meets yet, but we're concerned that this could mean floodlights being used for evening 5-a-side football.

GregDickinson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone have any information about the plans

> for the multi-purpose sports facilities? As new

> local residents overlooking the site, we haven't

> had the chance to to attend any of the

> consultation meets yet, but we're concerned that

> this could mean floodlights being used for evening

> 5-a-side football.

Hmm, if you're new to the area, you must have known about the school being built (it's been on the cards for years). Isn't that a bit like moving next door to a pub and then complaining about the noise? I don't know how late kids play football (not that late surely?) but I'd have thought a bit of incidental light pollution is a small price to pay for enabling local school kids to make full use of their sports facilities and be healthy and active.

Redjam, I think he might just be checking plans for community 5-a-side leagues to be held at evenings and weekends on the pitches rather than being surprised that a school is being built or begrudging the students from using the facilities.

I understand that the pitches will be floodlit and open to use by the community but this will have to remain within light pollution regulations and have a curfew. I would like to know when that curfew is, i.e. there's a big difference between matches going on until 10pm vs. 8pm. Does anyone know anything about this or how it might be decided?