Congratulations to Harris Primary ED on their Outstanding Ofsted!

The Friends of Harris Primary ED would like to congratulate all the staff and pupils on their glowing Ofsted report, published today, in which they are rated outstanding in all five areas.

We know that an Ofsted report is only one perspective on a school, but it is nevertheless wonderful to see the passion, talent, dedication and ambition of the teachers and leadership team reflected and publicly recognised.

Just some of our fave bits include:

"The pursuit of excellence is clearly at the heart of the work of each member of the school community."

"Teachers are rightly proud of their work in providing pupils with an outstanding quality of education."

"The curriculum is enhanced with a wide range of activities such as chess, illustration and cooking, which inspire and motivate pupils. These opportunities enhance the already rich, broad curriculum"

"Pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted exceptionally well."

"Behavior is impeccable. Pupils are polite and courteous. They love coming to school and are ready to learn each day."

Click here to read the full report: http://upload.reactcdn.co.uk/harris_primary_eastdulwich/uploads/document/Harris-Primary-Academy-East-Dulwich-10031667-Final-Report.pdf

Congrats again!

The Friends of Harris Primary ED committee

I'm so thrilled for our wonderful little school. Having been there from the beginning on the temporary site, through struggles to get planning and people saying that the building would never happen, we have always known what a brilliant job the leadership team were doing. The ofsted report really just confirms everything the parents already knew, but I'm so pleased for the school that it has got the report that it deserves.

Hear hear! Many well-deserved congratulations. I was also part of the first intake, and although all three existing year groups have had to make leaps of faith, to a greater or lesser extent, in choosing to be part of something new, it's been a wholly positive journey. The teachers and management are truly wonderful and fully deserve all the lovely things they've been praised for in the report.

This is a very-well earned result for Harris school, for all the students and parents, and for our wider local community. I am a year one parent and I have watched my daughter blossom at Harris. It is such a fantastic school - it excels both pastorally and academically. I am looking forward to watching the school grow.

Huge "well done" to the teaching and leadership team!