Maternity nurse to help with baby?s bedtime routine

BestBeast

We are having trouble with our second in establishing an effective bedtime routine. She?s 12 weeks old so still little, but we have an older child (5) who is affected by her broken sleep.

In short - she?s cream crackered by 6-7 but we generally can only put her down at 9-10 when she?s out for the count. We don?t have a bedtime really established because she?s sleeping next door to my son (our room) and he needs his sleep so I don?t want his early sleep interrupted by wailing. So she?s down with us (being overstimulated really in the kitchen) and she?s generally trying to go to sleep but fights it as soon as we try to put her down upstairs.

I thin things would get better quickly if we nailed the start - she?s not a bad sleeper and does settle herself at night sometimes. But she?s definitely overtiring herself by staying up so late which make s her a bit stressed. We had a pretty rigid routine with my first (which I think eventually helped him sleep well) but we?ve found it tough to do the same with hers and fit it into his at the same time.

I know she?s still small but i need more order and a little bit of my evenings back. She?s getting too heavy to allow one handed eating!

A sleep consultant isn?t for us at the mo - I really want hands on help from a maternity nurse who can give me something to follow and comforting techniques that might eventually help her self settle at night. I got a lot of anxiety around bedtime last time with my son and I could do with the help. Plus I am knackered and brain isn?t working!

We are able to start tackling this in my sons half term in a couple of weeks. And I am looking for someone to come for a couple of hours each evening (for a few nights) to see whether we can make progress. Not looking for help during the night just around the bedtime routine.

Any recommendations welcome!

Archived