Forum Sponsors

http://avalonkitchens.co.uk/
xxxx
http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messagePiplings nursery - please would you be kind enough to share your experiences
Posted by Jamesclaire 14 March, 2018 13:01

Has anyone had any dealings with piplings nursery at the elms?

How was your experience ?
Did you have any dealings with Philip lee?
Experiences around financials ?
How was the customer care ?
Would love to hear any thoughts?

messageRe: Piplings nursery - please would you be kind enough to share your experiences
Posted by B&G 15 March, 2018 16:33

Following with interest. We went for a tour recently and I was quite unimpressed with a few things. Staff turnaround is very high (longest serving staff member has been there for 2 years) and, when I asked a question, was told to wait and ask the question again at the end as someone else might also want to know the answer too.

I didn't find the admissions emails very welcoming either ("Don't arrive late as we won't repeat what has been said. Don't arrive early else you'll have to wait outside - yes even if it is raining").

For £1700pcm I expected a little courtesy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:03:15:16:38:01 by B&G.

messageRe: Piplings nursery - please would you be kind enough to share your experiences
Posted by Jamesclaire 15 March, 2018 19:32

Thanks for taking the time to share your insight and constructive feedback. Iíll PM you

Posted by hammerman 15 March, 2018 22:19

I've sent you a pm.

Posted by newtose22 20 March, 2018 12:49

I'll PM you

Posted by CLAU 26 March, 2018 08:19

Hello. I am highly interested in this post as we have been offered a space and I am trying to make my mind up as to accept it or not.
From experience, would you recommend the nursery for a 20 month old? Thanks

Posted by goldilocks 27 March, 2018 10:46

I think that the fact that nothing is discussed openly and that private messages are always sent is pretty telling - people are generally willing to post positive reviews openly.

Most complaints from people seem to be management related rather than day to day child care, so consider how much you can accept this?

Posted by sweetgirl 27 March, 2018 20:31

From my personal experience I would say go with your instincts!
Ofsted ratings are not always the best to go by.
Previous experience with ofsted officers showed there was a lot they didn't know about the providers staff, by this I mean staff weren't dbs checked & ofsted hadn't picked up on it until I told them!

This is not about piplings but advice to any childcare place you may choose.

The nursery I am referring to was eventually closed down & quite a few parents were upset with me & tried all sorts to reopen it. They even involved our local MP!

Bottom line is check it out yourself, talk to staff individually to see how they feel about the setting & their employment there..... That will tell you all you need to know!

Posted by Elca20 28 March, 2018 19:16

My eldest child went here, and I'm going elsewhere for my younger child. The caters are all lovely, but here's a very high turnover - four key workers over two years. This meant that ultimately, they didn't have a chance to get to know the kids, which really hampered their ability to help them progres, and ensure they feel secure. Sending a homemade birthday card with the wrong age was a highlight.
The lack of customer service from the management notes above is typical.

I think it is telling that in our year, there were only five children left by the time they would be leaving to go to reception - all the others had moved elsewhere. I'll happily answer any questions by pm.

Posted by Tessie 19 September, 2018 14:00

Just found this thread and very surprised to not see more positive comments about Piplings. There are other threads where the feedback is great but that may have been the older site in Forest Hill.

My son has attended two days a week since Jan this year and he's very happy at Piplings. We looked at around 7 nurseries and by far Piplings stood out to us. The staff are lovely and very professional, I know management run a tight ship - they are incredibly organised and also very picky about who they employ (a good thing in my opinion as I can see they have very high standards of expectation). This may explain why there has been a perceived high turn over of staff (from previous comments). We certainly have seen consistency in the 9 months our son has been there and I know staff retention is an issue across all of the nursery sector given feedback from other ones we have visited.

However, we are probably going to move him when he reaches 2 - not because we have any issues with the care he gets (in fact I'm really worried about moving him from where we know he's happy) but more the fact that we have had baby #2 sooner than planned and will need to put two in childcare 4 days a week each so are on waiting list of a more local, cheaper nursery that provides the 30 hours free childcare. (Piplings have yet to confirm to us if they will be offering the 30 hours yet)

Happy to answer any questions via PM.

Posted by jacetrader January 30, 02:44PM

Can anyone give me any advice or info on piplings.

Posted by vjavor February 02, 09:40PM

I would not recommend this nursery. I have just sent you a PM.

Posted by kcollister March 13, 07:46AM

Also interested in recent reviews of Piplings - grateful to hear any views. Thanks

Posted by Jamesclaire March 13, 07:51AM

I would not recommend this nursery!!!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum