Herne Hill School uniform

Hi everyone,

We're soon moving to the area because our daughter is starting in pre-reception at Herne Hill School in September. We've just received the uniform list and was wondering what to buy. There are lot of options, e.g. cord pinafore, cord skirt, jogging bottoms, shirt, t-shirt, etc. I was wondering whether any of you could let me know which of these the girls typically wear. I'd hate to shell out for a pinafore if she then won't wear it because none of the others do...

Thanks!

There is a real mixture of uniform choices in pre reception. However for the first half of autumn term you will probably want the summer dress with a cardigan. In winter my daughters always wore the pinafore with a blouse underneath and cardigan.

We had a skirt but rarely used it (and you can?t wear it after reception, so a bit of a waste)

You will need 1 pair of jogging bottoms plus t-shirt for the day they have PE on (and I?d recommend a spare set for keeping at school) Most people opt for the red t shirt for PE. I?d only get 1 red sweatshirt if you plan on wearing dresses on non PE day. In hot weather navy shorts instead of jogging bottoms.

I believe there is a 2nd hand uniform sale at school in the morning (at school drop off time)and think it?s open to all, so you could save a fortune if you went along! They have 2nd hand sales quite regularly so no need to get too much before school starts.

• 1 month later...

For pre-reception girls, definitely start with summer dress which can be worn until October half term. We stuck to the red PE tshirt and blue polo shirt plus skirt or tracksuit bottoms in the winter. Our daughter did have the shirt but buttons were fiddly for her and she liked to get dressed independently in the morning.

For boys, navy shorts, joggers, blue polo shirt, round neck jumpers and red PE shirt. These can all be worn in reception.

Ido have a random assortment of uniform if you?re thinking about buying second hand?