Piplings- yes or no?

Chilli

Hello everyone,

I am considering sending my little one to Piplings...but I?ve been on ed forum looking for info and have been quite shocked by the amount of negative posts I?ve seen. There seem to be a number of people sending PMs which strongly suggests their experiences are bad and they are worried about sharing them.

Would like to hear about your experiences- PMs welcomed.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

My son attends Piplings and we are really happy with the nursery on many levels. Only negative is the cost, it's one of the more expensive ones locally but if you can afford it I think definitely worth the cost. Have just commented on another thread from earlier this year (if you search: 'Piplings nursery - please would you be kind enough to share your experiences') giving more detailed positive feedback.

Please feel free to PM me or answer via this thread if you have specific questions.

• 8 months later...

We paid ?1,750 deposit (!) for a spot. We had to cancel 3 months before the start date and they returned ?0 (!!!). The worst part is that they are within their right because it says so on their T&Cs. So 2 pieces of advice for newbie, sleep-deprived parents like us:

1. Read the T&Cs. Do not rely on email clarifications from the nursery as they can be misleading.

2. Look for another nursery. Who wants to deal with the kind of people that keep ?1,750 they did not earn just because they can?

The whole story is long including an email sent at 9PM on a Friday where the nursery offered to return 50% only if we accepted on the spot: ?That offer requires acceptance tonight, after which we will no longer engage in dialogue on this matter and your full deposit will be retained in line with our terms and conditions?. When we asked for a full refund they took the offer off the table. Does this sound like what you?d expect from where you drop off your kids every day?