Deptford Green/Haberdashers Askes- Any feedback

echo

Currently seeing lots of secondary schools.

We live very close to HA School, so probably would get a place. But we had a really awful experience at the one and only packed open day! My daughter hated it.. My pleading emails to have a second look have fallen on deaf ears, so far.

On my parent grape vine(very random) I'm hearing positive things about DG school, and negative things about HDA's...

However I'd like to hear from more parents/students experiences, Please tell me the good, bad and indifferent.

Kindest wishes...

I have a daughter in year 6 and we are also doing the secondary school visit circuit. My daughter attends Lyndhurst and at the year 6 parents meeting, the deputy headteacher said parents routinely have very positive things to say about Deptford Green. We visited with my daughter last week and the school is not located in the best area (in my opinion), but the teachers and students did come across as enthusiastic and energetic.

Informally I am hearing (even from teachers at other schools we have visited) is that HABS is very academic and a bit an of exam factory)..but of course that is subjective and the school is a good fit for some students.

Have you looked at Kingsdale?