Outdoorsy childcare

Admoose

Hi does anyone have any recommendations for local nurseries or childminders that put a big emphasis on outdoor play, nature discovery etc?

I'd love to send my LO to a forest school but it isn't practical at the moment and I'm not happy with how little time most nurseries I've seen spend outdoors - some don't go out for days at a time. We do plenty of things outdoors with him on our own time but I'd like his childcare to follow a similar ethos.

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

We were recommended Dulwich Wood nursery http://www.dulwichwood.com/nursery/ - the logistics didn't work out for us unfortunately but might be worth checking out.

Also, the German nursery in North Dulwich might be an option to explore, they have a huge garden out the back and from what I've heard, get the kids out in all weather. Kids don't need to speak German to be admitted.

Our nursery Gumboots has extensive outdoor areas and the children go out rain or shine. The older children grow their own vegetables and the younger children go out twice daily for exploring the outdoors and playing.

Piplings also has very impressive outdoor areas and when we toured the woman in charge said they ran it as a semi-forest school approach.

Why don't you try to visit both of these options and see what you think.

Mothergoise Green Dale had lovely outdoor space, growing and cooking their own vegetables and they used to regularly make use of the wildlife space next door. This was some years ago so may have changed, especially with the ownership issues of the wildlife space...

• 4 weeks later...

Another vote for Mother Goose Greendale. My 3yr old has been there since she was 11 months old and she loves it (as do we). Each room has their own dedicated outdoor space so the kids are usually out there at least once a day (frequently more often, weather permitting). They've also got a large front garden and access to the Greendale wildlife garden. The staff and management are lovely - they really care about the children.

Good luck!