Forum Sponsors

Your Local Personal Trainer

All Round Renovation

www.littleloud.org

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
messageRe: Secondary School Allocations 2019
Posted by Renata Hamvas September 30, 05:58PM

To add to the above, if you apply to any secondary that has a banding assessment, it is important that your child does the assessment. Children who haven't done the banding assessment go to the bottom of the pile!

Posted by Katiesa October 01, 09:43PM

May I ask if anyone who has a child who lives far end of crystal palace road/lordship lane end I.e near the little sainsburys/library got in to either East Dulwich or North Dulwich charter? If not where did you get and will you wait it out on the wait list? Thanks

Posted by kristymac1 October 02, 06:51AM

Katiesa Wrote:
--------------------------------------- and will you wait it out on
> the wait list?
Just to emphasise you automatically go onto the waiting list for any school on your list of preferences above that which you were allocated. You should accept the one you've been allocated, you can always accept a waiting list place if one is offered but if you don't accept your allocated place and you're then not offered a waiting list place you effectively have no school and the local authority has no responsibility to place you.

Posted by barrybrains October 11, 08:47AM

Have Kingsdale released the banding dates yet? I can't find that information on their web site but I don't want to miss out on doing that. Is it before or after 31 October that the tests usually take place?

[kingsdalefoundationschool.org.uk]

Posted by rahrahrah October 11, 10:46AM

Monkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome to the Forum Abi1.
>
> I donít want Southwark schools for Southwark
> children.

I don't really see what's wrong with having children attend their local / neighbourhood school. The illusion of choice and the complicated system that surrounds it, doesn't really help anyone. There's a lot to be said for simply offering kids a place at the school that is closest to them. The neighbourhood could then work together / focus their efforts on supporting that school to be the best it can be, rather than on navigating the system.

Posted by WorkingMummy October 16, 01:08PM

Hi. Can any one tell me why the ED Charter recommends parents to submit their Southwark LA applications before this Friday? When the deadline is 31st?

Posted by Bumpkin October 16, 01:21PM

We were told a couple of years ago that it was so that you didn't forget after half term as has been known to happen.. No other reason.

Posted by WorkingMummy October 16, 01:29PM

Thanks Bumpkin. Pretty sure I couldnít forget about all this myself ....
Agh.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum