Nanny or childminder hitting child in shop

Hi

I feel compelled to post this as if I was the mother of this child I would be horrified. This afternoon (Friday) I was in St Christopher?s on lordship lane and I witnessed a child in a buggy being hit repeatedly (thumped with a hand) a number of times. The child was strapped in to a bugaboo cream cameleon buggy and the childminder or nanny was busy perusing the shop. She left the buggy with the child in it a few metres away while she looked at clothes - but the child accidentally knocked over some books from a nearby bookshelf. Something very easily done, and seeing as the child was being ignored I am not surprised. It was not a big deal - but the lady who was looking after the child screamed at him ?I have told you not to do that? and then whacked him across the upper arm and chest.

I do not want to give out any further information on the description of the lady or the boy, but if you are a concerned mother drop me a line as I do have a photo.

• 2 weeks later...

I would tell the police - they can get the CCTV. I'm guessing you have a reason to think the person was not the kid's mother, but god if that had been my child I cannot express how much I would want to know.

In the meantime do you have any more description of the carer and child?