Primary School Allocations - houses top of Peckham Rye Park

Mantra

Hi

Can anyone advise as to the typical Primary Schools allocated to children who live in the houses at the top of Peckham Rye Park (Scutari, Mundania, Therapia, Homestall etc) please?

Just trying to get a feel for which Primary schools are generally allocated.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Ivydale's just had an ofsted as well - so worth looking out for that .. and taking it with something of a pinch of salt. Much better to go and visit schools and get a feel for which might suit your child. Ofsted is a snapshot that with all its pros and cons can only tell you so much.

HP

Absolutely, thanks HP. Just trying to get a guide on which schools are likely to be allocated really as we live in another part of ED at the moment and considering buying a house that side but don't know the catchments. Would definitely visit schools before putting them on any preference form.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the schools at the East side of Peckham Rye - it depends how far up Therapia/mundania - at the forest hill road end you may get into Fairlawn, Goodrich, Heber and most certainly St Francis Cabrini. At the Homestall Road end it's possibly less likely.

We are on Dovedale Road and our son goes to Heber (although we got in on a sibling place), that said there are children at Heber (in reception and upwards) who got in on distance from roads such as Shelbury, Scutari and Peckham Rye (by the Harris Boys school). It might be useful to look at the last place distance offers of all the schools around the area.

Best x

From friends who live on there the schools Kristymac1 listed were certainly the ones they were looking at - though you could be looking at waiting list places rather than first round - more stressful during the wait but doesn't make any difference once you have the place obviously!

Thank you goldilocks, that is useful. Out of interest did they all get relatively local schools eg in East Dulwich/Forest Hill area etc? Am slightly paranoid we might end up with one too far away like Camberwell and beyond? Any insight greatly received.

My friends got Heber at the end of the holidays.

Depending on how old your kids are now, there are an excess of primary school places locally so it should be fine. Goodrich is 3 form entry, plus the new Harris is really changing the catchments of other schools - also think Ivydale has expanded. You might not necessarily get your first choice, but you should get somewhere.

A bigger consideration for me re that end of East Dulwich would be secondary places if you didn't want single sex. If you're hoping its your forever home it might be something to consider - if its the next 5 years or so, maybe it doesn't matter.

My daughter is very happy and thriving at Ivydale. They have just had the results of their Ofstead inspection published earlier this week. You should be able to read it on the ofstead website. It's been rated as a overall good school with outstanding development for the children.