Is a Sleepyhead worth it?

klh

We had one for our daughter and she slept really well in it from birth to 6 months. Can?t say what she would have been like without it as we bought it before she was born so always used it. I does give newborns that cuddly feeling though so I can see why it can help with sleep and our girl was an amazing sleeper.

I didn?t use it for cosleeping but have friends who did and thought it worked well for that though I don?t know if that?s strictly recommended!

Hi,

We used one and found it really great to put the baby down in different parts of the flat so it negated the need for USB?s to have a Moses basket etc too. It was also really helpful in providing a consistent sleep routine at grandparents, on holiday etc. It made co-sleeping safer too. I would definitely use it again if we had another!

There is a school of thought that they can be dangerous for suffocation if baby is unsupervised...

We decided against getting one straight away. If your baby can't sleep in anything else, then it would be worth it, but for the cost of them, it would be worth exhausting every other option before hand. If you don't have a moses basket, maybe see if you can pick on up for free of cheap on here first and try that, our little one sleeps like a log in hers

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

The one piece of advice I would go back and give myself if I could would be to wait and meet your little one before buying accessories like this. We got one before our little boy was born only to discover within days that he hated being confined in any way - hated being swaddled, hated being in a sling and hated the SleepyHead! He had to be able to wriggle around and throw his arms above his head at all times, he was always moving. Still is! Any way, there were lots of things like this that we got and never used. I?d limit the amount of ?stuff? until you know you need it.

• 4 weeks later...
Had a Sleepyhead for my son & was the best baby accessory I could have purchased. He slept in it every night until he was around 6months old, he hated his moses basket so Sleepyhead was essential. So nice to put the baby in the Sleepyhead in the bed with you too as I was a bit nervous about co-sleepibg but felt really comfortable with the sleepyhead. I don't know anyone whos baby hasn't like it.