Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.inshutters.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
message11+ English / V / NV Reasoning Tutor referrals
Posted by ob49 May 07, 07:57PM

Hi, I know good ones are like gold dust but I would massively appreciate anyone who can help my son (year 5) with some regular English tuition (Writing and comprehension) and verbal / non verbal reasoning)
He is a bright little lad and could really do with some help and guidance to unlock his potential!
Look forward to hearing any recommendations.
Thanks all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 07, 08:03pm by ob49.

messageRe: 11+ English / V / NV Reasoning Tutor referrals
Posted by DuncanW May 08, 03:43PM

[inkhead.co.uk]

Hi there, we used a firm called Inkhead a couple of years ago and the tutor they provided was excellent.

We were looking specifically for help with creative writing, but there was some comprehension stuff in there too.

Posted by joseph holly May 14, 03:07PM

PM sent.

Posted by OrlaithR June 04, 09:54AM

Try Betsy Rowlands - we've been using her since January (my son is in year 5). She covers everything and has made a huge difference already. Her number is 07738545030.

Posted by 1st Timer June 05, 10:06AM

Www.up-a-level.co.uk Gill she normally has a yr long waiting list but worth a try!

Posted by Willy10 June 05, 01:47PM

Hi there,
I had my son tutored for 2 years with Gill Hall [up-a-level.co.uk], 07736400658 (my son is the very left in the picture) and we were very happy with the result. He managed to get an offer from a grammar school and most importantly our first choice school Dulwich College, where we accepted a place. Tutoring was once a week for 2 full hours for a very reasonable price, according to what I have heard from other families. He enjoyed the sessions even though it was extra work and was very happy when he noticed his progress. I can certainly recommend her.
Best wishes and good luck to your son!

Posted by tutorse22 June 06, 10:45AM

Go to Gill! She's wonderful, and she's successfully tutored loads of ED kids for the 11+ and independent entrance exams. She's very steady and calm, really experienced ... The kids love the lessons, they all learn, do their own homework, and most importantly don't get at all stressed out about it! She's on Ashbourne Grove. Good luck.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum