Forum Sponsors

www.lilasjewels.co.uk
xxxx
http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageSydenham High School any thoughts
Posted by abdinhk May 11, 10:10AM

Hello, we are considering moving to the Dulwich area and accepting a place at Sydenham High School for my 14 year old daughter. I had seen some posts on some other forums that the school, while nurturing, may not push the kids academically. Most of those posts are a bit dated and I understand that the school has a relatively new and dynamic head mistress. Does anyone out there have any recent experience with Sydenhams. I do want my daughter to be challenged, though I don't want her a in a pressure cooker. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. Also they run a bus service from East Dulwich to the school. Anyone know how long that would typically take in the morning. Thanks

messageRe: Sydenham High School any thoughts
Posted by Sonners May 11, 01:18PM

As well as the school minibus service you can also get the 176 or 197 from East Dulwich to Sydenham which I think most of the senior school girls would use. On journey times itís about 20-25 mins from dulwich library to school gates depending on traffic. The time for the minibus depends which route you are on/where youíd pick it up. One of the routes picks up at Upland Road/Court lane part of lordship lane at 7.45am and I think gets to junior school around 8.15am.

My daughter is in junior school so no experience of how the girls are pushed academically in seniors but I went to the senior school open day last week and was impressed. Mrs Woodcock is keen for all girls to reach their potential and it seemed a very happy environment.

Posted by mybaby178 May 11, 09:00PM

My daughter started in year 7 in September, so far we love the school, it is certainly not a pressure cooker in year 7 but she certainly gets enough h/w usually three pieces a night and 4 over the weekend.
We live in Herne Hill but donít use the school bus , I drive her on the way to work as they can go in from 7:30 and I either pick her up or she gets the bus with friends . The 176 is very popular route for a lot of girls.
DM me if you need any further details.

Posted by bjm May 12, 06:02PM

We have a daughter in year seven, she is so happy. We are thrilled with he school so far, it's small and friendly, the communication is really good and they seem to really care about the girls. They have so many opportunities and events.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum