Has anyone given birth naturally with a prolapse? Bit worried and seeking advice/personal experience

Hi. I was diagnosed with a mild cyctocele prolapse (uterine) some time in 2015. Was referred to King's College and had a women's group session where they basically told you to do pelvic floor exercises for the rest of your life.

I had my first child in 2012 and I am currently pregnant(6 and a half months). At the start of my pregnancy I did express concern to my GP regarding the prolapse and giving birth but she said it wouldn't be a problem.

I have taken a look at it today in the mirror and it appears to be pushed out a lot more further than it was before. I don't have any problems with leaking urine, but I am really concerned that I won't be able to give birth naturally. I am still working and actually wonder if it is now time to stop and take care of myself as I work with toddlers and it's very physical. I will see my GP on Monday and I also have a midwife appointment at the end of the month, but until then I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience and was able to give birth. Thank you.

Hi Buttercup,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I have not (knowingly) given birth with a prolapse. However, after having two vaginal births I ended up with two moderate prolapses which needed to be repaired surgically. If you are experiencing any change in the prolapse it might be useful to ask for a referral to a consultant to discuss this. You may also want to try asking on Mumsnet/Netmums/and I believe there is a large Facebook group for women with prolapses. I appreciate your desire for a natural birth as I felt the same way, but having been in my situation I can assure you that it may not be worth the risk.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk further about this.

Take care.