Forum Sponsors

www.hensonsecurity.com

www.inshutters.co.uk

http://www.elwyns.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageAdvice & Recommendations for dementia friendly housing options
Posted by Laura BB July 05, 12:40PM

Hi, my Mum is moving back to SE London be nearer to us. She has dementia, and her social worker has recommended that she tries assisted living or extra care living as she's still relatively independent (so not ready for a care home), but unable to live on her own.
Has anyone got any experience of this type of housing locally? It would be so great to hear from you.
She would be self funded initially and is not eligible for social care yet.
Thanks in advance!
Laura

messageRe: Advice & Recommendations for dementia friendly housing options
Posted by Pugwash July 05, 07:57PM

Anchor Housing or Abbeyfield may have something - try internet for more details.

Extra Care Sheltered Housing with private developer (McCarthy and Stone) can be quite expensive.

Consider a live in carer - a friend in Ilford did this for his mother for many years as family did not want her to go into care. Age UK or Independent Age can give more details.

Posted by beansprout July 05, 10:17PM

Anchor in London has a very long waiting list.

There is a house in stradella Rd which is lovely. Has a redident cook , well severalcooks ehen she hoes on holiday etc. Big garden and decent room sizes. Lift to all floors.pm me andI can give you further details. Small as well - about 10 people.

Posted by Pugwash July 06, 05:12PM

I think that this is the Abbeyfield House- I did have some dealings with the residents some years ago, but since I have retired have not been involved. Was not sure whether the property still exsisted.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum