Charter School opinion

Hello 👋

Just curious if anyone here knows what other Secondary Schools are good in this area?

We are moving from overseas and struggling to find accommodation in the exact catchment for The Charter School. Does anyone have ideas on other great Secondary Schools in the wider area ? 😁😁

Thankyou!!

Liv

There are many good secondary schools in the area. The two Charters are just two schools and they certainly have their weaknesses! If you have a girl, Harris Girls is very much on the way up and I think they have a wonderful, holistic approach. Harris Boys has got a very good reputation. Further afield, St. Thomas the Apostle is an outstanding school although boys only... Deptford Green has a great deal of promise as well.

Are you looking at secondary schools for future admission starting at year 7 (age 11), or to join an existing year group?

If the latter, you could move next door to your preferred school and still not get a place, as you will be dependent on someone leaving the school to get a place if that school is at its maximum capacity.

Last year I helped a friend try to find a school place for a year 8 girl and none of the Southwark schools could help. She ended up at Haberdashers - a much sought-after Lewisham school that just happened to have an in year vacancy.

If you are looking at Year 10, I would reckon Kingsdale would be a good bet as quite a large number of students leave to join the Brit School, which only starts at age 14.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Just wondering- what were they arrested for? If you remember 
    • Cyclists certainly do have a bit of a perception problem at the moment and when I cycle I see a lot of examples of arrogance and ignorance that gives all cyclists a bad name - it does seem that many cyclists have caught the entitlement bug many drivers seem to have.
    • But Spartacus didn't mention the significant amounts of land being used for car storage - that was most definitely you.   And I am afraid when you apply your same measure to other transport uses (like cycleways and cycle lanes - Malumbu is your stat on the 360 kms of cycle network cycleways or cycle lanes?) then it most definitely is relevant for the debate.   Should we assume then that if all this ULEZ money and government bailout money is being poured into TFL then the system is, financially at least, broken or is it a case that the money is being mis-spent (like the DV junction project)?    
    • Contact your SNT (police). An old friend of mine (now deceased) was a 'victim' of a door to door scam some years ago. He mentioned it to our local SNT police officers who found that several ED residents had been visited by these ;salespeople. It was arranged that my friend asked the scammers to return on a certain day and time when he had some money to purchase their goods. Police in plain clothes outside in street watching. with a uniformed officer in the house - scammers returned and were arrested.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In