Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

www.mindovermatterboxing.co.uk

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageNo deal brexit - aupairs
Posted by northdulmum July 28, 01:36PM

Any ideas at all as to how to prepare for no deal brexit and the employment of an aupair?
She doesn’t have a passport so is applying for one
Will they need a visa?
Has anyone looked into this?

messageRe: No deal brexit - aupairs
Posted by atrain82 July 29, 10:07AM

Hello - this might be useful: [business.london]

Posted by northdulmum July 29, 01:41PM

thanks

Posted by Passiflora July 29, 10:51PM

Have you not looked into this yourself northdulmum if you are that worried about employing an aupair from abroad? Can you enlighten us as to how Brexit would prevent this?

Posted by northdulmum July 30, 02:22PM

yes i've found quite a bit online now. I'm not worried about it, just want to make sure i'm ready - i think its a case of just more admin but otherwise it's ok. You can use ID until Dec 2020 after which they'll need passports. Then a letter saying you're employing them as and when they cross the boarder post October 31. I'm not sure whether the points system makes a difference to aupairs if they are coming over for a specific job.

Posted by Passiflora August 14, 11:27PM

Glad to hear you've got it sorted!

Posted by Soylent Green August 16, 09:45AM

Before the Eastern European countries joined the EU, we used to provide a letter of invitation for our au pairs, who were able to work in Britain/EU for up to 2 years as an au pair. I imagine something similar will replace the free movement after suicide Brexshit.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum