Which pushchair?

aev

Feeling a bit lost in the maze of pushchair options and wondering what others would recommend? Looking for something smallish and lightweight that is easy to manoeuvre around small shops and fold up on public transport, but also ideally something that will be OK going across grass in the park and on the occasional rougher track. The uppababy cruz seems a good option (and like the big basket!) and I see quite a lot of them around locally, but I think it might not be so good 'off road'? Also looked at the cybex ballios s which has bigger wheels but is a little wider and worried it might be a pain to get round smaller shops or take up too much space in cafes? Not sure how much of an issue that is?

Interested to hear what other people have and very grateful for any recommendations!

I have an Uppababy Cruz and I love it! It?s really easy to manoeuvre and the bassinet was always faff-free to attach to the frame and remove again (you can do it one-handed and in fact our baby preferred sleeping in it rather than his wicker basket). The basket at the bottom is really roomy and handy for big shops. Many mums I?ve met have said they regretted not having this pram after trying it and seeing the bottom basket. I?ve found it easy to steer around parks too.

We went to John Lewis on Oxford Street to try all the prams. I think it?s quite a personal choice and it?s what feels comfortable for you and suits your own needs.

Good luck!

A belated thank you! Glad to hear the Uppababy Cruz works well for you as I do really like it from what I've read in reviews etc. And yes think I need to go and try some out in real life to get a proper feel for them!

• 2 weeks later...

I must jump into the conversation and tell you that I LOVE my joolz. It's similar in design to the Cruz, but I find the ride to be smoother than the UppaBaby's. It's a gorgeous pram, and you can usually find a deal (as it's quite expensive) on a brand new one on ebay!

Best of luck. I spent months researching... ;)