Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

www.clintonmckenzie.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageWhich pushchair?
Posted by aev September 08, 11:22AM

Feeling a bit lost in the maze of pushchair options and wondering what others would recommend? Looking for something smallish and lightweight that is easy to manoeuvre around small shops and fold up on public transport, but also ideally something that will be OK going across grass in the park and on the occasional rougher track. The uppababy cruz seems a good option (and like the big basket!) and I see quite a lot of them around locally, but I think it might not be so good 'off road'? Also looked at the cybex ballios s which has bigger wheels but is a little wider and worried it might be a pain to get round smaller shops or take up too much space in cafes? Not sure how much of an issue that is?

Interested to hear what other people have and very grateful for any recommendations!

messageRe: Which pushchair?
Posted by hrmlp September 08, 07:55PM

I can't fault our Bugaboo Bee 5 - it's everything you say you want! The only downside is the price but I know I'll be using it until my son is about 3 or 4 as my sister did with her little ones.

Posted by aev September 09, 08:11AM

Thanks! When I saw it in the shop its small wheels made me worry it would struggle on anything other than smooth pavement but good to know it's an option!

Posted by KateFord September 10, 03:49PM

I have an Uppababy Cruz and I love it! Itís really easy to manoeuvre and the bassinet was always faff-free to attach to the frame and remove again (you can do it one-handed and in fact our baby preferred sleeping in it rather than his wicker basket). The basket at the bottom is really roomy and handy for big shops. Many mums Iíve met have said they regretted not having this pram after trying it and seeing the bottom basket. Iíve found it easy to steer around parks too.

We went to John Lewis on Oxford Street to try all the prams. I think itís quite a personal choice and itís what feels comfortable for you and suits your own needs.

Good luck!

Posted by aev September 15, 05:48PM

A belated thank you! Glad to hear the Uppababy Cruz works well for you as I do really like it from what I've read in reviews etc. And yes think I need to go and try some out in real life to get a proper feel for them!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum