Which pushchair?

aev

Feeling a bit lost in the maze of pushchair options and wondering what others would recommend? Looking for something smallish and lightweight that is easy to manoeuvre around small shops and fold up on public transport, but also ideally something that will be OK going across grass in the park and on the occasional rougher track. The uppababy cruz seems a good option (and like the big basket!) and I see quite a lot of them around locally, but I think it might not be so good 'off road'? Also looked at the cybex ballios s which has bigger wheels but is a little wider and worried it might be a pain to get round smaller shops or take up too much space in cafes? Not sure how much of an issue that is?

Interested to hear what other people have and very grateful for any recommendations!

I have an Uppababy Cruz and I love it! It?s really easy to manoeuvre and the bassinet was always faff-free to attach to the frame and remove again (you can do it one-handed and in fact our baby preferred sleeping in it rather than his wicker basket). The basket at the bottom is really roomy and handy for big shops. Many mums I?ve met have said they regretted not having this pram after trying it and seeing the bottom basket. I?ve found it easy to steer around parks too.

We went to John Lewis on Oxford Street to try all the prams. I think it?s quite a personal choice and it?s what feels comfortable for you and suits your own needs.

Good luck!

A belated thank you! Glad to hear the Uppababy Cruz works well for you as I do really like it from what I've read in reviews etc. And yes think I need to go and try some out in real life to get a proper feel for them!

• 2 weeks later...

I must jump into the conversation and tell you that I LOVE my joolz. It's similar in design to the Cruz, but I find the ride to be smoother than the UppaBaby's. It's a gorgeous pram, and you can usually find a deal (as it's quite expensive) on a brand new one on ebay!

Best of luck. I spent months researching... ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• What would I do about cyclists?  The failed Tory manfesto commitment to train all kids was an excellent proposal.  Public information campaigns aimed at all road users, rather than singling some out, to more considerately share the road, as TfL have done, is welcome too. As for crunching vehicles.  I'd extend this to illegal ebikes, illegal e-scoooters (I think some local authorities have done this with the latter) but before that I would (a) legislate that the delivery companies move away from zero hours contracts to permanent employees and take responsibility for their training, vehicles and behaviour on the road.   More expensive takeaways are a price worth paying for safer roads and proper terms and conditions (b) legislate to register all illegal e-bikes and scooters so that when they are found on the road the retailer takes a hit, and clamp down on any grey markets.  If you buy an e scooter say from Halfords this comes with a disclaimer that it can only be used on private land with the owner's permission.
    • I know a lot of experts in the field and getting a franchise was a license to print money, that is why Virgin were so happy to spend lots of dosh challenging government ten years ago when they lost the West Coast franchise.  This will not be overnight, rather than when the franchise has come to the end. Government had previously taking over the operator of last resort when some TOCs screwed up. Good, at last some clear blue water between the parties.  Tories said they were going to do a halfway house, but I've not noticed.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Railways   : "On 19 October 2022, Transport Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan announced that the Transport Bill which would have set up GBR would not go ahead in the current parliamentary session.[15] In February 2023, Transport Secretary Mark Harper re-affirmed the government's commitment to GBR and rail reform.[16] The 2023 King's speech announced the progression of a draft Rail Reform Bill which would enable the establishment of GBR, although it has not been timetabled in the Parliamentary programme.[5] The Transport Secretary Mark Harper later told the Transport Select Committee that the legislation was unlikely to reach Royal Assent within the 2023-2024 parliamentary session.[17]"
    • Can't help thinking that regardless of whether Joe wanted to be interviewed, the 'story' that Southwark News wanted to write just got a lot less interesting with 'tyre shop replaced with ... tyre shop'! 
    • Labour are proposing to nationalise the railways, (passenger trains but not fright)  Whilst it removes them from shareholders control, and potential profit chasing, is it workable or will it end up costing tax payers more in the long run?  On paper the idea is interesting but does it also need the profitable freight arm included to help reduce fares,? 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In