Private swimming lessons for mixed age siblings

I'd hazard a guess that your age gap is unlikely to work well. You'd need to be in the pool with a 2 year old unless you did one on one lessons i'd think. The 5 year old is likely to need a totally different type of teaching to the 2 year old.

Dulwich leisure centre really lacks the capacity to run one to one classes - they have very few slots and unlikely to be at suitable times for both.

You could ask at JAGS or more broadly advertise your requirements on ED forum facebook page

Thank you for your responses :)

5 year old is very nervous around water and won't get in by himself, so I thought having his younger (far more confident) brother in the pool with him might help.

5yo has had a private half hour lesson at Dulwich leisure centre, but it was eye wateringly expensive, so was hoping I might be able to combine a lesson for them both.

Sounds like you need to take them swimming for fun for a while to get your 5 yr old to a point where he likes water. Having a noodle and goggles at all times is probably ideal. Once they stop being scared they'll learn at lessons! My 5 year old went through a phase of not wanting to get her face wet, crying in lessons etc. We went on holiday and she went in the pool every day and just started to love it, then when we got back lessons were much better.

tomskip Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When you say private, what do you mean?

as in not a large group. My 5 yo had a one-to-one session recently, which he really enjoyed. I was hoping that I could have a session with just my 2 boys and an instructor

goldilocks Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds like you need to take them swimming for fun

> for a while to get your 5 yr old to a point where

> he likes water. Having a noodle and goggles at

> all times is probably ideal. Once they stop being

> scared they'll learn at lessons! My 5 year old

> went through a phase of not wanting to get her

> face wet, crying in lessons etc. We went on

> holiday and she went in the pool every day and

> just started to love it, then when we got back

> lessons were much better.