We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

www.fabbeautelondon.com

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageEthical car wash recommendations
Posted by GeorginaLP 02 December, 2019 10:27

Hi, does anyone know of a good ethical car wash in the neighbourhood? Iím worried about modern slavery and donít know where to take my car. Thanks

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by Jules-and-Boo 02 December, 2019 11:04

Carwashes and other services are lowly paid. Tip your attendant, ad you would your waiter or hairdresser.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 02 December, 2019 13:36

There is a CofE car wash app you can download from this site:

[www.theclewerinitiative.org]

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by ed_pete 02 December, 2019 13:37

If you're that bothered then maybe clean it yourself ?

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by nivag 02 December, 2019 16:05

ed_pete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you're that bothered then maybe clean it
> yourself ?


Not everyone has easy access to water or a convenient place to wash a car.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by ed26 02 December, 2019 16:31

The car wash at Sainsbury's / Champion Hill has always been great for me - friendly, helpful staff and a good job, but I've just seen this thread: [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

Worth keeping an eye out for schools / charities / local sports groups doing fundraising car washes.

Or get a mobile valet company out and support a local business.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by SpringTime 02 December, 2019 16:54

nivag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ed_pete Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you're that bothered then maybe clean it
> > yourself ?
>
>
> Not everyone has easy access to water or a
> convenient place to wash a car.

Are you in Mauritania? The labour's cheaper than the mineral water.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by Jules-and-Boo 02 December, 2019 17:58

They get paid a day rate and if it's quiet they're sent home without pay. They get to keep any tips, so please don't take advantage of them

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by sillywoman 04 December, 2019 18:15

nivag Wrote:

>
> Not everyone has easy access to water or a
> convenient place to wash a car.

Seriously? Bucket. Tap. Sponge. Car parked in road/street. Job done.
Honestly - words fail me.

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by KalamityKel 05 December, 2019 06:29

sillywoman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nivag Wrote:
>
> >
> > Not everyone has easy access to water or a
> > convenient place to wash a car.
>
> Seriously? Bucket. Tap. Sponge. Car parked in
> road/street. Job done.
> Honestly - words fail me.

Ditto

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by binkylilyput 05 December, 2019 13:00

People who are rudely saying "do it yourself"....get a grip.

We all pay for other people to do services for us and also do jobs that provide services for other people. That's what makes the world go round.

Ever bought a sandwich rather than make one yourself?

Besides, some people may have physical reasons why washing their car could be difficult or impossible.

And even if they don't, they want someone to do a perfectly normal job for them.

Are you seriously having a go?!

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by KalamityKel 06 December, 2019 11:00

binkylilyput Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People who are rudely saying "do it
> yourself"....get a grip.
>
> We all pay for other people to do services for us
> and also do jobs that provide services for other
> people. That's what makes the world go round.
>
> Ever bought a sandwich rather than make one
> yourself?
>
> Besides, some people may have physical reasons why
> washing their car could be difficult or
> impossible.
>
> And even if they don't, they want someone to do a
> perfectly normal job for them.
>
> Are you seriously having a go?!

Probably the same reason you are - it's ridiculous. simple

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by binkylilyput 06 December, 2019 13:02

Someone looking for an ethical car wash sounds applaudable to me, not ridiculous

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by Azalea 19 December, 2019 15:23

binkylilyput Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone looking for an ethical car wash sounds
> applaudable to me, not ridiculous


I agree with you. It would similar as trying to find a place for a manicure that didnít have people trafficked into this country. There were recent raids done in Peckham after reports of women being trafficked..

messageRe: Ethical car wash recommendations
Posted by eddeal1 29 December, 2019 19:04

Tesco sainsbury M&S and the rest do you ever think what the Farmers get.for Milk and other things..and the farmers do work very hard.


Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum