Forum Sponsors

http://www.ellyallen.com/

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

http://www.elwyns.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageHas anyone dealt with severe infant reflux?
Posted by Candice007 30 December, 2019 22:20

Have a 10 week old and Iím thinking she has reflux, doctors no real help but she cries so much when awake (not at set times of the day etc), sounds like she is in real pain. Infant gaviscon doesnít seem to help.

Wondering if anyone would recommend a private paed and are there any in the area?

messageRe: Has anyone dealt with severe infant reflux?
Posted by Peachpie 31 December, 2019 07:46

Poor little thing and poor you. I hope you get some help.

Posted by midivydale 31 December, 2019 13:12

Hey, yes I have. I really feel for you. I have an old thread that I will link to as it has helped me and several others. I have had two reflux babies.

The nearest private consultant is Babu Vademalayan. He is the clinical lead at the Pediatric Gastro clinic at Kings but also run a private clinic at the Guthrie Wing (also Kings). His bedside manner is pretty poor but he is helpful and will help you get care with your GP too for follow ups. PM if you have any questions. You should also look into CMPI ALLERGIES as itís often linked

Sending hugs and wine, it is so hard.

Posted by midivydale 31 December, 2019 13:15

Here is the link to the old thread:

[www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

Posted by Candice007 31 December, 2019 15:42

Thank you!

Posted by loveED86 January 02, 07:46PM

My 3 year old was very colicky as a baby, I was told reflux and she was prescribed medication but did not help, turned out she had a cows milk allergy and was put on prescribed milk at 12 weeks, was a different baby overnight! It may be more than reflux, my daughter had a blotchy rash mainly on face, runny pooís after all feeds but this was put down to her being breastfed, screamed at night, took ages to settle her, If youíre bottlefeeding Iíve read Aptamil comfort milk is meant to be good for reflux babies, good luck, hope you have a happier baby soon!

Posted by buggie January 06, 08:58PM

If youíre breastfeeding, could be useful to seek advice to check there arenít problems around positioning and attachment, oversupply or fast letdown which could be causing the discomfort and can all be relieved without medication.

If gaviscon is making no difference, first step is to return to GP and ask for
the NICE guidelines to be followed and trial ranitidine (ensuring you have a recent weight for
Baby so get to HV clinic)

Be very cautious with regard to CMPA information/guidelines available especially if youíre breastfeeding
as there is lots that can be done to continue supporting this which often isnít communicated especially as most
funding comes from formula companies with commercial interests ahead of health.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum