We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

https://sjbsashwindows.co.uk/

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageCatchment for Forest Hill Boys?
Posted by Katiesa March 07, 04:10PM

Hi, does anyone know if Therapia road would fall into the catchment for Forest Hill boys secondary school? Or what the catchment distance this year is for that school? Thanks

messageRe: Catchment for Forest Hill Boys?
Posted by sarvester March 08, 05:59PM

Unlike Southwark, Lewisham publishes a map of the furthest distance offered by secondary schools last year. You can see that all on-time applicants to forest hill boys were offered a place (I think this is for Sept 2019 start). [lewisham.gov.uk]

Posted by Renata Hamvas March 09, 12:42PM

There is no guarantee for future years (more siblings, more applicants etc), but in general, from the last few years, I would say yes.
Renata

Posted by Renata Hamvas March 09, 12:43PM

Also, catchments do not exist for any of the local schools. In other areas there are catchments, this is where if you live within a certain fixed distance of a school you are either guaranteed or prioritised for a place over people living further away.

Posted by tomskip March 10, 11:10AM

I think it's pretty clear that the op of the thread understands there are no fixed catchments locally. If there were, she wouldn't even be asking her question. She is just using "catchment" as most of us do as shorthand for "furthest distance offered".

Posted by lameduck March 21, 01:21PM

I live in Stuart road
which is further than therapia
and my boy just got in 20 yrs back
was told at the time 3 miles,
set milage on my car, just on three miles
Good luck
vic

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum