Goose Green Primary

Dondee

Any feedback good or bad greatly appreciated. I?ve been offered this for my son to start in September, although it wasn?t in my 6 choices.

Feeling a bit apprehensive, as I?ve not visited it obviously. But What I?d heard in the past, wasn?t the best.

Hi @Dondee, Goose Green has come a very long way and you can see our recent Ofsted report here: https://www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org/school-information/ofsted. Ofsted have confirmed that Goose Green is a GOOD school and children are achieving good outcomes.

In their report Ofsted highlighted that:

?Goose Green Primary School is a safe, happy place where pupils achieve well and become confident, respectful citizens.?

?Leaders have put together careful plans to make sure that pupils achieve well in a wide range of subjects.?

?Leaders have high expectations and plans are ambitious. Teachers try their best to make lessons enjoyable and interesting. Pupils enjoy topics which are planned around well-chosen children?s literature.?

We'd love to answer any questions you have about our wonderful school and would be delighted to welcome you and your child into our school community in September. Do please get in touch with the school office and we'll follow up.

With very best wishes, Rob (chair of governors)

Hi Dondee - I have a daughter in year 6 at Goose Green and my other daughter will be starting in reception in September. We love the school - my daughter has been really happy there. The staff are all so caring and it has a lovely family feel. It had a tough few years with no permanent head but things have really improved since the new head started. I think we?re really luck in ED to have lots of good primaries and I know it?s disappointing when you don?t get any of your choices but I?d really encourage you to visit (when you can) and see GG in action. From a personal pony of view I?ve also made some wonderful friends as a parent there!!

Hi Dondee,

I have two daughters at Goose Green and they both love it - thriving both academically and socially. We're really happy with the school, I wouldn't send them anywhere else! The school has a great atmosphere, a lovely set of talented teachers and a broad curriculum. The Head is excellent. If you're into OFSTED, the school just had a good inspection before Christmas.

I have friends with children about to go into reception who put Goose Green as their first choice - if you've been offered a place I would recommend you take it. Shame you can't go and look around at the moment but hopefully schools will reopen before the summer holidays and you'll get a chance.

Hi.

We have 3 children at Goose Green Primary. They have never had a day of not wanting to go and have always spoken fondly of the school. The early years are superb and provide a brilliant grounding for learning and social skills as the children grow and develop. We like the broad demographic and rich sense of community.

The head is great and has a lovely team of staff. I highly recommend you go and visit as and when it reopens and if you can speak to the staff or governors in the mean time that is likely to put your mind at rest.

My daughter is in yr.6 at Goose Green. She has always been extremely happy there and has made a fantastic group of friends, as have we. True, there were some bumps along the way at the beginning of her time there,but they have more than been ironed out and the school has received an extremely positive Ofsted review recently. The head and governors gibe great leadership and support. The staff are encouraging, nurturing and inspiring. The curriculum is varied and engaging. There is a wonderful community feel. I would highly recommend you visit when you can, but meantime, as others have suggested, do contact the school/governors with any immediate concerns.

• 4 weeks later...

Just echoing what the other parents above have said really. I have a daughter in Yr 2. She loves Goose Green and so do we. Ever since she started in Reception she's been happy and is thriving. The teachers and all the staff are warm and passionate and care greatly about the pupils and school community. It's a smaller school, just 2 form entry, and we really like the more personal & creative feel of it. We feel really lucky to be part of such a lovely school and the community that comes with it. Wrap around care is also excellent with brilliant and caring staff. Please do feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Best Wishes