Was your toddler (possibly a Joshua?) being cared for by a childminder today in Peckham rye

Posting on behalf of a friend who isn?t on EDF:

I was in the picnic area in Peckham Rye park this morning when I spotted a toddler aged boy (fair skin, brown hair, orangey coloured T-shirt) walk out of the open gate and towards the Sexby gardens/fountain area on his own. I realised he wasn?t with anyone so brought him back into the picnic area and closed the gate. I couldn?t see anyone nearby who seemed to be responsible for him and he didn?t answer when I asked where his mum or dad was. Eventually I approached a group of several women who were sat some distance away with lots of other children and asked if he was with any of them. The young lady who replied said yes and that she?d let his childminder know. I think she called him Joshua? I told her he?d walked out of the gate towards the fountain and she said ?this is exactly why we sit in the picnic area so they can?t get out?. They hadn?t even noticed he had gone. I?m really not trying to get anybody into trouble - I know these things can happen - but as the mother of a son the same age I would want to know what had happened as he was far too little to be left on his own and I would have expected more caution from his childminder. I saw lots of people enter the picnic area and leave the gate open whilst I was there, I don?t think one can rely on it being closed as reason not to then keep your eye on children in your care. I also wasn?t sure why such a large group of adults were gathered together. Unless they all live in the same household, it would be in breach of the current distancing rules- so again, as a parent I might want to know that my child was being cared for in that context.