Buggy Recommendations

Hello all,

We're having our first baby at the beginning of October and I wondered if anyone had particularly loved (or hated) their buggy?

I've looked on Which and all the review sites but there's such an overwhelming number of different brands, it really makes it impossible to try and narrow down any list of ones to go and try out.

We have a car seat from a friend, so not after a full travel system (not sure that matters as it all seems to be optional extras), it will be taken on walks outside of London so something relatively durable is the aim but we do have one of those annoyingly narrow East Dulwich door frames!

Any advice or strong feelings either way would be very much appreciated. The friends I've asked so far have liked the Mountain Buggy and the Bugaboo Bee.

Thanks so much!

Bex

We had 2 Maclaren Techno XTs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maclaren-Techno-XT-Stroller-lightweight/dp/B078WW18HQ

Really not fashionable. It will do nothing whatsoever for your yummy mummy / yummy daddy creds. However, it is sturdy, light, does not require an evening being briefed by the engineering department at UCL in order to assemble it, has no unnecessary bulk, lasts forever (ours went from lay flat baby to 'crikey, they really should be walking on their own now') and with a soon learned knack it is possible to put it up / down with one hand and one foot whilst holding onto a child, a take away coffee and waving at the 176 with the other foot.

Good luck.

All that is well over a decade behind me. So perhaps check for more up to date facts.

Hi Crunch B,

We had a Uppababy Cruz given to us which I would not have again (had issues with the wheels amongst other things, the only upside was the large under basket). Then purchased the bugaboo bee and absolutely love it. Lots of perks but some key things, it folds up nicely, has a great hood/canopy which is very dark for naps on the go, and the car seat with adaptors can sit on top of the seat without removing it (not the case with the uppababy). Wish I had bought this sooner! Let me know if you need any more info and good luck, and congratulations!

Hi,

We went for a Bugaboo Chameleon (and yes, is a bit yummy mummy). It is very sturdy so is great for parks and crap paving and works as a travel system (very useful in the early days to be able to use with a car seat). I bought when I had my first, used it with two children with a buggy board and is now being used for my third baby. I?ve never had to replace anything and I?m sure it will have life in it when I eventually pass on. Definitely an investment unless you buy second hand though.

Depending on where you live I would say to check the weight and width of buggies for getting into your home / up stairs if you will need to do this.

Think about how you might use it (do you drive?) and where. Do you travel a lot?

Ultimately they all pretty much do the job though. A friend of mine got a much cheaper model (sorry, can?t remember the brand) and I never heard her complain.

Good luck with it all!

Bugaboo Bee. A brilliant buggy! Be cautious of anything too big. Three of my NCT gang bought the Chameleon for their first born and all ended up selling it and buying the YoYo or Bee!