Gumboots Nursery

• 2 weeks later...

we have been on the waiting list since 2016, I would not bother!

although I have heard of children starting whilst only being on the waiting list for a short period of time so not sure how accurate their waiting list actually is, you may be one of the lucky ones!

It's a fabulous nursery. The staff are fantastic and the gardens and setting are glorious.

It's worth putting yourself on the list, but you should definitely get on other lists too, as the waiting list is exceptionally long...

Yes, Gumboots have said to me there is a two waiting list. They did encourage my application and we are on the waiting list. I was actually was only looking for two morning sessions per week, but they said they only do full days. I have found a couple other nurseries only do full days. Is this what I should expect from most nurseries?

It?s not a major issue, I just thought starting off with a couple mornings per week would help my little one settle in more.

Thank you for your replies.

Private nurseries tend to do full day attendance but will also operate a settling in process. This will vary between nurseries but as a rough example over a 2 wk period building up from 1hr attendance to full day attendance.

School nurseries take children for morning or afternoon sessions.

Private nurseries are usually open for most of the year perhaps having 2 wk breaks over Christmas and the summer.

School nurseries only operate in school term time and only take children aged 3 turning 4.

Nursery placements, especially at Preschool level with subsidised hours, are very in-demand in our young family-heavy area. Nurseries with great reputations like Gumboots have very long waiting lists, but yes, if you?re persistent and speak to them a lot around transition times like early Sept and end-July, they might be able to squeeze you in if you have immediate availability and are flexible about your days. They don?t need to do half-days, as demand is so huge, so they don?t, generally... but they do, as another poster said, do a settling-in period. I?ve put a few children through Gumboots, and have been generally really happy with the care and attention they received.

Apologies, hope it is ok to post this in this chat:

I run ABC Studio - brand new nursery in SE154AN ( Dulwich /Peckham border)

We are a small private 27 spaces only setting and currently have no waiting list for children over 20 months old.

Please feel free to contact me by email [email protected] or visit our website www.abcstudiochildcare.co.uk

We can arrange viewing ASAP

Thank you

Inna Hoffmann