We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

All Round Renovation

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageAny thoughts on returning to school in September?
Posted by sweetgirl August 25, 01:30AM

My LO is due back to school in September.
As much as I know he needs to be back I am still reluctant about sending him back.
We know for sure covid is going nowhere in a hurry.

I think it will be especially hard for the nursery/reception lot as their parents will be unable to settle them in.😒

Any thoughts, opinions/ discussion......

messageRe: Any thoughts on returning to school in September?
Posted by Digbina August 25, 10:32PM

I am extremely relieved to be sending mine back. The risk is exceptionally low and the damage to their mental health and social experience in not returning to school is significant. I believe children need routine, their friends, and people qualified to teach them. This didnít happen at my house during lockdown!

Posted by mima08 August 27, 01:32PM

I ma also concerned but for the moment believe benefits outweigh the risks (and I am very risk adverse). Will keep monitoring local infection rates and won't hesitate to change my mind if I see a rise in local cases that increases the risks.

Posted by Digbina August 28, 10:50AM

You might find this announcement re the risks to school-age children reassuring: [www.theguardian.com].

Only six children have died from Covid-19 infection, and the research study states that they had 'profound co-morbidities'. Underlying respiratory conditions such as mild asthma and cystic fibrosis did not meet the standard of 'profound co-morbidities'. Healthy black children are no more at risk than other children.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum