Any thoughts on returning to school in September?

My LO is due back to school in September.

As much as I know he needs to be back I am still reluctant about sending him back.

We know for sure covid is going nowhere in a hurry.

I think it will be especially hard for the nursery/reception lot as their parents will be unable to settle them in.😒

Any thoughts, opinions/ discussion......

I am extremely relieved to be sending mine back. The risk is exceptionally low and the damage to their mental health and social experience in not returning to school is significant. I believe children need routine, their friends, and people qualified to teach them. This didn?t happen at my house during lockdown!

I ma also concerned but for the moment believe benefits outweigh the risks (and I am very risk adverse). Will keep monitoring local infection rates and won't hesitate to change my mind if I see a rise in local cases that increases the risks.

You might find this announcement re the risks to school-age children reassuring: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/28/vanishingly-small-risk-of-death-or-severe-illness-for-children-from-covid.

Only six children have died from Covid-19 infection, and the research study states that they had 'profound co-morbidities'. Underlying respiratory conditions such as mild asthma and cystic fibrosis did not meet the standard of 'profound co-morbidities'. Healthy black children are no more at risk than other children.