Tips for breakfast time

My 9 month old is not a great eater - but particular bad at breakfast time. Most days she refuses her baby porridge - and usually only has one or two spoons of yogurt (which she normally loves). The only thing that she seems to like is banana - but nothing else.

Have tried giving a little milk when she wakes, not giving her any milk until after breaskfast, different consistencies of porridge, different brands, types, etc. During the day she's a good milk drinker - but can be a bit hit and miss with solids (either finger food or spoon fed)

Any tips to get some carbs down her. She is underweight, so it'd be great for her to have a good meal at the start of the day. Thanks

Apart from it being constipating, nothing wrong with having bananaa every day.

To increase her weight, how about protein... allergies allowing, things like

Scrambled egg

Omelette

Frittata

Other fruit eg

Satsumas

Strawberries

Diff types of bread eg

Croissants

Crumpets

Muffins

Toast

Our 10 month old loves the Sainsbury's Easy Porridge oats. I mix in boiled water and add chopped fruit which he devours! I place in either steamed apple, mango, melon, pear or banana. May be good with the banana that your little girl loves. You could also try in bread the wholemeal mini pitta bread if she enjoys finger food. Either plain or toasted and maybe a little hummous? I don't give any milk upon waking and he has water since he has given up the breast 3 weeks ago although before that he would only have a very small breast feed of 5 mins, if that. To be honest he does not want his bottle first thing. Mini sandwiches through the day or for dinner? Maybe try baby spaghetti or rice mixed with her favourite veg?

Good luck with finding a meal to start her day and with the weight gain.

Our 10 month old likes porridge sweetened with some apple juice. Not sure how we discovered it but works a treat but maybe not if you have tried all dif consistincies already. Would she take to some fruit spread on fingers of toast? I know that was very successful for a friend who could not get a child to eat a thing. I think you can get fruit spread at SMBS.