getting ready for birth!

JKJ

Hi

I'm due on saturday and haven't found a beautician in the area yet for a good bikini wax - any recommendations??

Also - just moved here from hackney and don't have any pregnant mates in the area, or in fact pregnant or mum mates full stop - first one out of all my friends to do the family thing - can anyone recommend a mother a baby group to go to - what age does the baby have to be? Is there a breastfeeding group round here too?

thanks you very helpful people you!

x

Hiya - welcome to ED! In terms of breastfeeding groups - there is a great Breastfeeding cafe in Peckham library, I think on Thursday mornings [unless its changed since January]. Also, there is a La Leche League group that meets once a month in SE6. You can catch the 185 bus there from ED. Both are great for breastfeeding. Hope the birth goes well - exciting time!

Karen is right. I had a bikini wax at 37 weeks and although I have had them all my life the pain bought tears to my eyes. It's all very sensitive down there. And I didn't think of it at all on DD. Surprise surprise.

The NCt bumps and babes friday morning drop in at Red Post Hill is relaxed and new mums drop in and out all the time, often looking for a chat.

Enjoy! Kate x

I had bikini and leg wax at 38 weeks at Therapy, pricey but didn't hurt much. Would recommend! (Although didn't give it a second thought when giving birth).

The Breastfeeding Cafe at Peckham Library is great, very lovely and helpful midwives.

sillywoman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Fuschia Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Contact the NCT re a tea group.

>

> . . .or not! (see NCT Dec daytime options thread)

Yeah, I know.. but worth a try, nonetheless!

I go to therapy too and they have a pregnancy bed - make sure you mention it when you book. Bliss to have a little lie on my front this morning even if she was ripping hair out at the same time :)

We are also getting ready for a birth, my daughter is due in 2wks, a little girl. Through all the excitement as it gets nearer I feel the biggest thing to remember, especially with first baby, is that every birth is personnal and diffrent, don't set standards for yourself instead try to acknowledge a freedom about choice as it is the beginning of being responsible for another. JKJ I hope your baby arrives gentley into this world, enjoy.

i'm not entirely sure but i think i've heard mentioned that there is a breastfeeding group at the Bread of Life cafe at Christ Church, Barry Rd (opposite Dulwich Library). i'm sure someone else on here will know for sure.

Yes, Mondays at 10.

Calendar of ChristChurch, Barry Rd

I never went to this one, but the one I did go to (Deptford, not sure if it's still running) was brilliant - not so much for the advice, although that was perfectly good, but for the really nice, pragmatic, funny women that used to go. Scary baby concerns lose all their power when shared with a sympathetic, informed and interested audience... and one day you get to be the one that says 'Oh yeah, mine did that' and suddenly you feel as though you know something at last.