Wanted - venue for 4th birthday - imagination escapes me

Possibly because I'm a little stressed with other things at the moment but I seem to have come up blank for ideas for a boy's 4th birthday party. Don't want JAGs or Peckham Soft Play (there have been plenty there already this birthday season). Would like something a little different and not too expensive. Prefer not to have it at home (fine if weather is good, gets a little hot and sweaty indoors if it rains). Any suggestions?

I recently booked the hut/hall thing at the back of The Herne for my daughter's third birthday - It was ?50 to hire, we were allowed to bring our own food and obv grown ups can purchase alcohol from the bar. We hired a kids entertainer who was fab, laid out the food, had dance competitions, pass the parcel in the inside bit then the kids ran wild in play area etc and the parents could relax with their drinks...

It was brilliant, but please check that the kitchen bit of the hall is NOT being used to serve food on the day as ours was initially (which we were not informed of) but the manager closed it down after complaints from us and then seeing himself that it was causing smell/smoke, not least being a huge health and safety hazard with a load of three year olds tearing around!

the pirate ship on the southbank...Golden hinde...

the scout center has a nice field...

st. stephens church...

the zoo at regents park does a great party...

the first and last on this list might be too pricy but they were fun...

We had a birthday party for our son when he was 3 years old at the Wildlife Gardens - which was a great venue. You can do a scanvanger hunt in the gardens which is always good fun and arrange the visitors centre how you like for the food/refreshments and indoor activities.

we had our son's 4th at the pirate room at Crystal Palace sports centre. Like a big soft play, with pirate theme, a pirate boat to have birthday tea in and fairly cheap. Helpers and invitations included. It was very successful, especially for lots of boys!

Devonshire road nature reserve se23 is great for parties, my dd had her 6th birthday there. It is a resonable ?50 to hire bring your own food i also got a childrens entertainer, great outdoor space to run around in only worry is there are ponds so lots of adult supervison is advised