3rd Birthday Party on Shoestring

Steph

Any ideas? My little man will 3 on the first Sunday of December. He keeps asking when he can have his own birthday party so of course, he can have one in December! I rang the Herne and figured out with everything it would be ?300ish - not good within the month of Christmas!

Thinking around 10 kids...

My son is only 2, but I've heard that a good rule of thumb for very small people's birthday parties is to limit guests to your child's age. So that would be your son plus 3 guests. Has anyone got any experience on this? I just thought it would also keep costs down.

Luckily he's not started nursery yet so we might be able to keep numbers down this year! He's mad on Softplay so I could look into that..

I was hoping to combine it with lots of adult friends too as a pre Christmas get together though he will probably never forgive me for that!

We had a party at Gambado in Beckenham, which was a great venue and surprisingly well organised - party host collects presents and keeps them for you, keeps a list of guests so everyone gets in quickly even if they arrive a bit early/late, and a reserved area of seating for parents while the kids are playing. I had a look at their website and it is currently ?8.50 per child for under 4s parties, including food.

Steph Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Luckily he's not started nursery yet so we might

> be able to keep numbers down this year! He's mad

> on Softplay so I could look into that..

> I was hoping to combine it with lots of adult

> friends too as a pre Christmas get together though

> he will probably never forgive me for that!

WE have always had lots of adults at P Pulse.. the room is OK.. not a pug obviously though.

Darrell Rd community ctre is quite a good price, could hire that and do some food/games?

You can hire out the 1 o'clock club in peckham rye at the weekends.

All you need to supply is food and drinks. I think it's ?25 per hour. They can play inside if it's terrible weather in December. We're thinking of hiring it for my daughters 2nd birthday.

yes darrell road has east dulwich community centre which has reasonable rates. google them for website. 2 halls so can have one for kids (lots of room to run around) and other smaller hall for adults. also has small kitchen. playground out back if weather is okay.

on another recent thread someone talks about there also being a scout hut nearby for hire.