dentists for children?

We've just taken our son to the dentist for the first time, and can heartily recommend the lovely, gentle locum dentist (an Irish lady) who saw him.

Actually, I say the first time but it was really the 2nd... the first time, he completely refused to let her look in his mouth, but she was very unruffled and just let him play in the chair. The second time we prepared a bit better, and were fortunate enough to come across a book called Harry And The Dinosaurs Say Raahh! in which a little dinosaur-loving boy goes to the dentist. So we practised saying Raaahh! for the dentist and it went very smoothly.

My 2.5 year old son recently had his first "check up" at the dentist on Forest Hill Road (a few doors along from the Herne pub) - the lady dentist there was very patient, managed to get him to open his mouth, and he was chuffed with his sticker and balloon! She's also great with nervous adults :-$

Thanks everyone! Moos, where is your dentist? We have that Harry book too!

Fuschia (waves hello - hope we have another meet-up at some point) that dentist looks great but I don't have a car! I'm trying to find someone very local if poss.

Thanks for your recommendation Pickle! I don't know Forest Hill Road but will look it up..

Keep 'em coming - I will be very grateful!

ncx rd one is nhs and was easy when i registered last year. i was with another ED dentist previously and again nhs registration was fine. i see mr daly now on ncx rd and he's lovely - puts you at ease and doesn't rush - prefers to do a thorough job.