School polo shirts - which are best?

BeccaL

Was about to go and order some from M&S but then half the comments on their website say that they're much smaller than the age they're aimed at, and some say they don't wash very well. Anyone recommend any particular brands, or also any to avoid at all costs?

Thanks

Becca

You can definitely "feel the quality" with M&S and they do wash very well, but I've found Sainsbury's offerings to be perfectly acceptable. They don't wash as well, though. Nor do the George ones, but for the price of replacing them, it's not worth losing sleep over it. And of course, the children keep growing out of them before they're absolutely knackered, in my experience!

Been happy with Next for my two girls at primary school. Wash well, last v. well. Can't remember exact price but certainly competitive with M&S.

(Skirts are more of a problem for me - have tried supermarket through to John Lewis and all go bobbly quite quickly. However, recently changed from navy to grey as school permits either and the grey seem to stay in better condition longer - got the drop waist box pleat from M&S.)

Do buy plenty of uniform - it is amazing how much they can get through in just one week. A good game is identifying what they had for lunch via the stains.

Good luck to your little one (and you).

Mrs TP