Baby swim lessons

I know has probably been talked about before...and I'm rather inept at google searching, but I'd like to take baby s to swimming lessons (in the hope of exhausting him) in september...I know there are lessons for toddlers around but how about babies at 5-6 months? I've looked at waterbabies and the drive to balham early on a friday morning isn't great. There's another company called aquatots - anyone used them? There's a pool in croydon so not too far...

Do peckham/beckenham do baby lessons? Why are the websites so cryptic? I'd phone but typing with one hand is one thing, phoning with shouting baby another...

thanks..xx

Beckenham do baby sessions - I haven't actually used them but friends have, and we took our kids swimming there earlier in the week and saw there were classes on before the "Family Splash" session. Lovely facilities and quite a short drive from ED.

I go to little dippers in Guy's hospital at London Bridge. Perfect for your child's age. It is always hard to get into but I believe they are releasing the next round of classes within the week. Keep checking their website. www.littledippers.co.uk

We started at 4 months in Stoke Newington, then went to Crystal Palace and my daughter's now at Peckham Pulse. Crystal Palace: teaching is pretty ordinary, but it's well organised and the facilities are ok. Peckham Pulse nicer pool, better teaching, but the admin is chaos - you have to be really, really persistent, but it's worth it. therwise I'd agree Beckenham Spa is pretty good - a friend of mine goes to a place in South Norwood, can't remember name, but recommends highly. It is a bit of a slog and you do have to be pretty determined to get a place wherever and to keep going, but it's a brilliant thing to do - my daughter (now 5) has been able to swim independently was 3 and absolutely loves swimming, is learning to dive. And you're absolutely right, when she was tiny, it was the only way to guarantee a good long sleep!