individual jabs rather than combined MMR - where locally?

Yes it has ironically by the media who created the false scare in the first place. However the outcomes will affect a lot of children, especially in London for some time. The sheer inconvienence of the repeated trips to the Doctor was one of the reason the combined jab was so successful!

We used Choice Healthcare for both our children. They have clinic in Harley street on Sunday mornings (easy drive and no parking restrictions) and also had a clinic in Croydon which I think has moved to Penge. However my 2 year old is still waithing (over a year now) for the Mumps vaccine. They keep saying that it will be available in a few months but it never comes. There is little point in getting the first 2 without the 3rd so MMR may be only option.

Yes some of us are still bothering with single jabs. Whilst fully respecting the decision of the majority of people to opt for combined vaccine and aknowleding that the combined MMR is probably completely safe, some of us don't mind the additional hassle or expense of giving single vaccines which carry none of the associated real or imagined risks of autism or bowel cancer. Others opt for the single vaccine because they don't like the idea of a triple dose of vaccine being injected into their baby and overloading their immune system. Parents should be able to make their own choice without being judged

Having said that,the risks of no vaccine far outweigh the risks of having the MMR so from my own perspective, if no single jabs were available I would have the triple MMR. If the mumps vaccine doesn't turn up in the near future my daughter will be given the triple jab and will no doubt be completely fine.

I thought it was bad enough watching my little one have one jab, let alone letting the nasty nursey with the big needle stick it in her three times :(

Are you still having to have two sets a few months apart round here as well? Six needles - ouch!

I don't think it's a bonkers decision at all. I've thought about it a bit and think we probably will do the combined jab but completely understand the thinking behind someone wanting to separate them. As HeidiHi said, personal choice. To be fair, neverendinglaundry didn't ask for our views on MMR but for a place to get single jabs...

I thought it was bad enough watching my little one have one jab, let alone letting the nasty nursey with the big needle stick it in her three times

Exactly right!!!

Totally up to individuals, and no one should be judged, but personally, I want to put her through that is few times as possible. And to be honest, I probably want to put myself / my wife through it as few times as possible, because I found it absolutely heart breaking!

I have heard that merck have no intention of recommencing the manufacture of the single mumps vaccine as it doesn't make financial sense to them. From what I understand, they were the only manufacturer of the standalone mumps vaccine? Doesn't this make the single vaccine route non-viable?