Best groups for a sixteen month old?

Brima

Hello, first time on EDF and new to the area. Would love some advice on the best groups to take a sixteen month old. Perhaps there are some music groups in East Dulwich? Or free coffee mornings to meet some mums? Thanks!

At the moment I find the 1 o'clock club excellent to take my two children (2.5 and 14 months). Now that my youngest is mobile - not walking unaided, but happy to push a trolley around - it's good fun for her, wears her out nicely, and her older brother loves it. Also a good indoor area with plenty for the little ones to explore.

If you're able to drive, the soft play (Buzz Zone) at Beckenham Spa is excellent - much better than Peckham Pulse, kept my two entertained for a good 2 hours on Thursday morning. Swimming there during "Family Splash" times is fun.

Playgroup at the Goose Green centre at 10am on Thursdays is good for that age, loads of toys to keep them entertained and a nice group of Mums/carers to chat to - I think it's stopped for the holidays and am not sure when it starts up again, but I'm sure someone will know.

Leapers, as Fuschia mentions above, is excellent - although not everyone's cup of tea in terms of being quite structured, with some interesting "health and safety" rules to abide by. Completely sensible, but possibly the only group you'll go to where you have your cup of tea sitting in a plastic bowl (the cup of tea that is, not the person drinking it)... That said, I think the lady who runs it is brilliant, very passionate about education, and it's a good group.

I really like the toddler and baby group in the hall behind the catholic church next to Dulwich library. 9.45 - 11.15 on Mondays. Play (with outside area), tea and juice then lovely singsong at end. ?1.50, I think. Starts again around middle Sept.

Also Rhyme Time at Dulwich library on wednesdays at 11.00 - 11.30 which is free. Can be very busy, quite chaotic and a bit frustrating for parents but my son adores it. Beams whole way through. And it runs through holidays.

Please someone correct me if I've got any of the details wrong.

Smiler Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> One of the freebie magazines (the little one) that

> comes round lists all activities in it, which is

> useful.

yes there's a list in 'SE22' magazine

will keep my eye on this thread as i am also new in this area and getting desperate to meet some local mums and kids. will look out for goose green centre session.

i am intersted in free things.

anyone know if camberwell grove play group has a toddler session?

thanks choc