Help 18 months waiting & told no nursery place - not even by Sept 2010!

Rach

Any advice. Am a tad stressed.

I put my boys name for down when he was 7 months old for a nursery I really liked (after having to wait three months to even get on the waiting list). I checked in a few months ago and they said not this September, poss Jan but otherwise the Sept after that. I've now checked in again and after 18 months waiting have been told that definately not this Jan and unlikely next Sept - unless someone moves house /drops out.

So now I face the prospect of starting all over again, putting his name down on another waiting list. I would like him to start this Jan and definately be somewhere by next Sept.

However, if we can't get into somewhere decent after waiting for so long what are the chances.

Anyone got any advice? Where is worth trying - I've searched through the previous links and Montessori, Dulwich Woods, Nellys, Oak Tree and Gumboots are all recommended.

Thanks, Rach.

I need about 3-4 days a week all day for when I go back to work.

Fuschia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You need all year round, long day? or would

> mornings/time term only be OK for you?

I'm not that up on this, but thought this might help.

Dulwich Wood (and any of the school nurserys) are only term time, and half days so they are no good.

Puddleducks and Gumboots are now in Nunhead (although Gumboots are moving back to a revamped Crystal Palace Rd next year). They do full days. You could try Puddleducks as i think they have more spaces after they move? Gumboots is notoriously bad for waiting lists.

Bojangles is now shut.

Blossoms Montessori on Dunstans Rd had spaces a wee while ago.

Vik Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Also worth having a look at Camberwell Grove Early

> Years Centre at the top of Camberwell Grove.

Camberwell Grove also has a really long waiting list (12-18 months. It is run by the council who have recently closed some of their other nurseries so CG have had to take some of the kids from elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Cedar House nursery at Maudsley Hospital is open to community and gets great ofsted reviews. I think the wait is about 5-6 months but I'm not totally sure. It's a fantastic nursery with a great baby to staff ration - currently 2 babies to one staff member in the baby room my baby is in.