gymnastics- mini gym

Fiona A

Hi,

My 3 1/2 year old has also been really interested in gymnastics. There was a gymnastics group at Camberwell baths which was sort of free play and also pay on the day rather than booking in advance. I'm not sure if it's still open though as the pool's closed for a refurb.

We've just got in for sessions at Ladywell Gymnastics club, but we did have to go on the waiting list for a while. We've only done one session, but so far it seems good - quite serious though.

Otherwise you could try Tumble Tots at St. Faiths - Red Post Hill.

Hope this helps.

I'm after a class for my 5 year old. She's seen the tumble tots ad on Milkshake and is very keen. Unfortunately the closest venue for the 5-7 age range is Bickley. Does anyone know of any not too serious gym classes aroudn here for that age? She'd want to be stretched, but I'd rather not go down the anorexic/bruised/practice til you weep competetive classes. Not yet anyway.

Hi FIONA A, im curious about the dissappearance of these Thursday morning classes? I had my 2YO son in the 10 o'clock Thurs morning class for nearly a yr and received a call from Carole-Ann, the lovely receptionist, a few weeks ago giving me a refund on the rest of my sons course. They were "closing down for a refurb and will be in touch as soon as we can return". Can anyone enlighten me as he really enjoyed it?! Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Ladywell gym club next to Bellingham station does a range of classes for preschoolers. Yes , the Crystal Palace mingym has closed down for the moment, the older children's classes are now in the dry diving training hall, and the number of spaces has been greatly reduced.