Nanny tax/payroll...

BQC

Help - just looking into this, I've seen on previous threads nannytax.co.uk recomended but that's ?260 pa (ouch - it's only for 2 days work!). Nannypaye is coming in at ?170 which has also been recommended. Just found Taxnanny which is only ?100! -has anybody used these guys? I guess they are all pretty much the same? Any other recommendations?

Also, do you have employes Liability insurance or does your household ins cover this? Is it neccessary?

Any other helpful tips?

thx

It's worth checking with your home insurance company that employer's liability is covered - mostly it's already included in your normal household insurance, or you can add it free of charge. But you need to spell out what the circumstances are, otherwise they might think you're running a business from your house and whack up your premiums accordingly. It's basically just to cover you being sued if the nanny suffers an injury in your home - I was more concerned about this than I might otherwise have been when we first took our nanny on as we were having a loft conversion done, and I had this nightmare vision of a huge beam of wood falling on her head as she left the house one day... So worth checking you're covered!

We used Nannytax which is expensive, but I found them very helpful with things like contracts etc. Also you get ?100 government rebate for filing online (which Nannytax do) so as I remember it that's 'saved' from the ?260. I wonder whether the other companies are including the rebate in their fee, if you see what I mean, otherwise it's a big discrepancy in price and I shall feel I was ripped off!